E28 m-tech 1 trunk spoiler installation ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 m-tech 1 trunk spoiler installation ?s

Any tested and true strategies for fastening the corner bolts since the trunk seal makes them inaccessible?

Also, has anyone had issues with gaps where the rubber meets the trunk lid? Is it possible that the E28 had a slightly different angle on their trunk lids - or do I just need to keep slotting those holes back until it sits just right?

If anyone in the greater Seattle area has direct experience fitting an E28 m-tech 1 spoiler to an E30, please let me know. I could use your help...thanks!
    sigpic
    An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

I drilled holes there and painted them (to keep them from rusting). Might have started the holes with a small bit and dremmeled to achieve the perfect access. It was super easy to get to the fastenerws after I did that. I would highly suggest doing that to avoid dicking around in that tight cramped area..

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
      I drilled holes there and painted them (to keep them from rusting). Might have started the holes with a small bit and dremmeled to achieve the perfect access. It was super easy to get to the fastenerws after I did that. I would highly suggest doing that to avoid dicking around in that tight cramped area..
      Has it caused any leaks in your trunk as a result?

Also, are you experiencing any gaps between the rubber and the trunk lid or have you got it pretty flush?
      sigpic
      An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

I'm having a hard time getting the forwardmost part of mine to sit down nice on the corners. I can't remember if I have nuts or nothing on the outermost studs that could be important eh, I'll check tomorrow :)

Anyways my plan is to fusor down the thing on the sides, but I gotta get some legit paint down on the trunklid first so its on hold for now.

Sorry for useless post, reminded to cut holes to access nuts if I didn't do that already...my memory is going

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo84 View Post
          Has it caused any leaks in your trunk as a result?

Also, are you experiencing any gaps between the rubber and the trunk lid or have you got it pretty flush?
          Sorry to reply so long after your reply. No, that didnt cause any leaks. I had to add screws through the decklid into the rubber to keep the forward edges of the spoiler flush with the decklid. Otherwise it fit pretty good. I took it off in favor of an M-tech 1 spoiler a while ago though.. cant beat bolt-on, however I do prefer the ridges on the E28 spoiler and it's width.

Comment

Working...
          X