Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which BBS front spoiler/air-dam should I get for my EURO bumper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which BBS front spoiler/air-dam should I get for my EURO bumper???

So I want to get a BBS front spoiler for my early model e30 with EURO chrome bumpers. However, I'm not sure which BBS spoiler type I need:

Type 1 (US style?):

I currently have an early two-piece steel valance like the one in the picture above. This spoiler will fit my US valance perfectly with its two side "cut-outs". But I'm not sure if the narrow euro bumper will sit flush with the spoiler plastic. Can someone comment on fitment of the above BBS spoiler type with a euro chrome bumper?

Type 2 (euro style?):

This BBS spoiler is typically found on euro cars with chrome bumpers. I'm pretty sure this will work. It's very hard to find in good condition though.

So right now I have a chance to buy Type 1 (US style) but I'm not sure if it will fit my euro chrome bumper. Can anyone confirm for SURE that it will or will not fit properly? That is, do I NEED to get Type 2 spoiler or will the Type 1 work just fine?

Thanks!

hey man i just got your pm...the one pictured at the top is the one i have and it does fit with euro bumpers perfectly...and also should fit with DB's as well...but the one you have will indeed fit your euro bumpers

i have mine on with a standard US valance underneath i dont think you need to but i did anyway.

here are a few pix i have of it on my car...its in storage right now and having some stuff done to get it ready for summer

if you have anymore questions feel free to PM me sixsixii
    -His-
    87 e30 325i
    87 e24 m6
    05 e83 x3
    94 e32 740i 5spd
    -Hers-
    89 e30 325i
    18 f48 x1

Comment

also the 2 types are not euro vs us...they were just ones with fog cutouts...but the fogs were from stock euro spec cars...here is my car b4 the bbs valance with stock euro valance and euro fogs

-His-
      87 e30 325i
      87 e24 m6
      05 e83 x3
      94 e32 740i 5spd
      -Hers-
      89 e30 325i
      18 f48 x1

Comment

Thank you very much hendrixvodu for the clarification. I literally spent two hours googling and searching the forums for this info. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by sixsixii View Post
          Thank you very much hendrixvodu for the clarification. I literally spent two hours googling and searching the forums for this info. Thanks for the help.
          no prob man! glad to help out!
          -His-
          87 e30 325i
          87 e24 m6
          05 e83 x3
          94 e32 740i 5spd
          -Hers-
          89 e30 325i
          18 f48 x1

Comment

Working...
          X