Gonna atempt e36 front bumper on my 85 318i!! (pics on pg 3)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dominick
    replied
    Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s

    Try using a heat gun and see if you can heat the sides and move them in .75. I'm sure you'll be able to get them move .75 inches and it will be way easier than cutting and fiberglassing.
    ill try that.

    Leave a comment:


  • BavarianBimmer
    replied
    ah just buy a Honda if you want that look

    Leave a comment:


  • trashcop 80s 80s
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominick
    everything is going well, i have tons of pics. right now i just finished making some mounts and im gonna mount it on, then cut the sides off. Its about 1.5 in too wide, so i will try to cut .75 in on both sides, then fiberglass the sides back on.

    i know fiberglass is strong but do you guys think that'll be strong enough to hold for a long time?

    pics are coming soon
    Try using a heat gun and see if you can heat the sides and move them in .75. I'm sure you'll be able to get them move .75 inches and it will be way easier than cutting and fiberglassing.

    Leave a comment:


  • 808BMW
    replied
    Originally posted by bkelsey86
    NO actually some of us do nohing to them and take them offroad trying to break them to no avail.....seriously they are like fucking german nazi tanks in diguise or something.
    Hehe, my dad's eta taught me that even if your car doesn't bottom out over certain things even though it's slammed, a car with stock springs can/will bottom out

    Leave a comment:


  • Pat W
    replied
    i think it would look good and would be orginal go for it!!

    Leave a comment:


  • brodee
    replied
    Originally posted by tonytony
    ok what I meant to say was, I'd like to see more cars that stick out from the crowd, instead of doing what everyone else is doing. Sorry my stupid :roll:
    I knew what you meant, I was agreeing with you.

    Leave a comment:


  • JPbmw
    replied
    Edit: double post sorry

    Leave a comment:


  • JPbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
    I think it will end up looking pretty good with the reiger lip. Good job on trying something different.

    [/url]
    and that would defenetly look way better than metal US bumpers 8)

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    Originally posted by brodee
    Originally posted by tonytony
    I say go for, we need more creativity IMO. I like to see something different when I look at member rides instead of similar cars with different owners, Kodos to you if you pull it off ;)
    :stupid:
    ok what I meant to say was, I'd like to see more cars that stick out from the crowd, instead of doing what everyone else is doing. Sorry my stupid :roll:

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominick
    replied
    everything is going well, i have tons of pics. right now i just finished making some mounts and im gonna mount it on, then cut the sides off. Its about 1.5 in too wide, so i will try to cut .75 in on both sides, then fiberglass the sides back on.

    i know fiberglass is strong but do you guys think that'll be strong enough to hold for a long time?

    pics are coming soon

    Leave a comment:


  • brodee
    replied
    Originally posted by tonytony
    I say go for, we need more creativity IMO. I like to see something different when I look at member rides instead of similar cars with different owners, Kodos to you if you pull it off ;)
    :stupid:

    Leave a comment:


  • trashcop 80s 80s
    replied
    I think it will end up looking pretty good with the reiger lip. Good job on trying something different.

    [/url]

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    I say go for, we need more creativity IMO. I like to see something different when I look at member rides instead of similar cars with different owners, of course my car is by far not unique but I'm not to big on cosmetics. Kodos to you if you pull it off ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominick
    replied
    oops i meant to say metal bumpers.

    if i had a choice, i definately would take the plastic bumpers over the e36, but i'd rather pay my tuition. I had this lady parting out her 90 325 close by me and i was gonna get her valence, both plastic bumpers, everything else to install for $200. But someone bought the whole car a day before i made the trip to get them.

    So i searched again on forums and would probably pay close to $500-600 for the parts then to get it painted. Im gonna get the plastic rear bumper though.

    Leave a comment:


  • BahnE30
    replied


    i think that looks better than the E30 plastics, all it needs is a nice lip on it. IMO

    Leave a comment:

Working...