body damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body damage

hey im calling out to all you body guys out there. ive attached a picture. what should i do about this/will i need to get a new panel? i realize the picture isnt the greatest and its hard to see everything with the bumper trim on. basically where the valence meets the panel right there behind the bumper trim, both are pushed in and up slightly, which mishaped the fender. any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

new fender or bash it out. bash out the valence too. you should be fine.

Comment

I agree with the above if if you're handy with some metal working tools. Get a decent set though. From what I can see there's no cracks or spider webs in the paint but I may not be able to see 'em. If there's not, you're in luck if you take your time working the metal. It's hard to get it 100% straight again, but you should be able to pull enough out for it to disappear more or less.

If there are spider webs or any large ammount of cracking, I'd get a new fender and go from there. When I hit an already dead deer and launched my '84 325e about 12 feet, I just trashed the broken lip and valance. Ended up going late model valance/bumpers all around. Kind of depends on your plans for the car.

Any better pictures would help also.

Chris

P.S.
      What all happend??
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

You for sure can fix it.

Spider webs?

Comment

the paints okay, not cracked or anything. i will carefully try to reshape it this weekend. hopefully i can make it semi-decent because its gonna be hard to get a fender that matches my 25yr old paint. i had to swerve at about 35mph to avoid a car that cut me off in the rain and i spun into an aluminum fence post which made contact with the front pass corner. im lucky it wasnt a lot worse.

also ill probably post another picture or two just for more input. the fender arch itself is misshapen because of the sort-of crinkle effect that happened when the area where valence meets fender was pushed up/in/back. im picturing needing to roll that out somehow. all in all its not that bad, no one has even noticed it yet, but i cant live with it.

Comment

such an easy job you can do a paintless repair! you need the tools though... or go to a bodyshop where they do paintless repairs

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed1299 View Post
              Spider webs?

In the paint. Often times a small wrinkle will produce ridiculous amount of "spider web" cracks in the paint. Usually to get it 100%, it requires a fair to severe amount of sanding/priming/painting. Usually just better to drop a new fender on it since you'd have to re-spray anyways.
              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
              X