Deatiling Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deatiling Price

I went to a local detailing place today and asked them how much it would be to wash the car, clay bar it, wash it, then wax it. They said around $125. Does that sound reasonable to you guys or is it a little high? I figured that isnt that bad when you figure washing the car twice, clay bar-ing it, and waxing it. What ya guys think?

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

thats pretty reasonable.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

do it yourself and save the money....

Comment

price is about right

Comment

What if I dont wanna do it myself? :) I'm glad the price is about right. Thanks guys.

Will
          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
          DaveCN = Old Man
          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325
            Some people just don't like to do in-depth detailing on their own. Detailing is something that can really be fucked if if you: A. Don't know what you're doing, and B. Don't have the proper equipment.

I'm fairly proficient when it comes to doing mechanical work on my cars, but when it comes to in-depth detailing, I feel much more confident leaving it to an experienced person.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
              Originally posted by Schneider325
              Some people just don't like to do in-depth detailing on their own. Detailing is something that can really be fucked if if you: A. Don't know what you're doing, and B. Don't have the proper equipment.

I'm fairly proficient when it comes to doing mechanical work on my cars, but when it comes to in-depth detailing, I feel much more confident leaving it to an experienced person.
              I doubt you were born with mechanical skills. you learned them thoughout your life. Same thing can be said about dailing. You've proably have done some reading too? You can check out http://www.autopia-carcare.com/index.html and read some great articles to get you started. After that you can join there fourm and start researching what you want to acomplish. There data base is huge.

I invested about 300 dollors in detailing supplies last summer and im very happy with it. Of corse I'll have to buy things like new pads and polish over the years but I'll never have to replace my PorterCable (good investment).

You can just as easily fuck up your cars machenical stuff as you can with your paint job. Just takes time and practice. If you are really worried about messing up your paint I would suggest heading down to a junkyard and bring home and old oxidezed body panel. Wet sand it and then polish it. You'll be amazed at the results.

just my 2cents on detailing.

Jon

edit: I dont mean to direct this towards you eurospeed, this is for everyone who likes to go to the detaliers for work. ;)

Comment

unless your using orbitals, its pretty hard to mess up your paint. Just takes time and hardwork.
                Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
                  unless your using orbitals, its pretty hard to mess up your paint. Just takes time and hardwork.
                  Its VERY hard to burn threw you paint with an Orbital buffer. You would have to be using an agressive pad with an agressive polish. Other than that, those things are fool proof.

The rotary ones are more dangerouse to work with though, but if you have enough experience with the orbital you should be fine with the rotary, just take your time and go slow.

Comment

Hey, can you do it by hand instead of using the orbital buffer? Seems reasonable to do it by hand and save the money

Comment

if you are going to go the hand route, I suggest using Klasse All-in-One polish and Sealant Glaze. Both are easy to apply and produce excellent results.
                      Continuous For Sale Thread
                      323i s50

Comment

Klasse does nothing by hand. It pretty much requires a buffer unless you're a body builder who can whip your arm around 800 times a minute.

Comment

Working...
                        X