Kidney grill idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kidney grill idea

I've been wrestling with the idea of painting the kidneys on my soon-to-be car. I absolutely despise chrome, but I don't want to paint my kidneys black, I'm just not a fan of blacked out kidneys, so I was thinking of painting them anodized silver. There are several different companies that make paints that come out looking like anodized aluminum, almost like brushed. And maybe this is just me, but it would almost add kind of an industrial, modern feel to them (that could just be my obsession with industrial style design talking). The finish would still be very shiny, ALMOST chrome, but not. Here's what it would come out looking like:

I'm also thinking of doing the rear decklid badge the same finish. Comments / thoughts on this idea?

sounds like a lot of trouble that will only be noticed within 2 feet....

steel wool on the stock chrome or basic silver spray paint would do the same thing
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      sounds like a lot of trouble that will only be noticed within 2 feet....

steel wool on the stock chrome or basic silver spray paint would do the same thing
      Eh, for $5 bucks for the paint, I'll try it on the spare set of kidneys I have. It's a mod for me, and my own tastes.
      If it comes out looking good, I'll do a better version on the car's existing grills and clearcoat them.

Comment

for the record....spray painting shit is not a mod :P
        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          for the record....spray painting shit is not a mod :P
          I was thinking that as I was typing it, couldn't really think of another word. :D

Comment

its a "mod" and depending on what color your rims are maybe you could paint them similar to your rims

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

Comment

Working...
            X