is Spoiler Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Spoiler Paint

I just had a spoiler for my '88 325is resurfaced and prepped for a new coat of paint. The car is Diamonschwarz Black. What paint do I request for the spoiler? Matte, Semi, Gloss, OEM paint? My inkling is a semi-gloss or OEM paint.

found another thread..

Comment

Check out Paintscratch if you decide to go d-schwarze. They sell rattle cans.

Is the car resprayed?

Comment

After I repaired mine, I slipped it into the paint booth and sprayed it with OEM black paint. Most body shops will charge little to nothing if they are already painting a black car in there, it doesn't take much to do a spoiler. Came out looking exactly like the car.

Comment

I painted mine and my license plate fill with spray on truck bed coating. It doesn't actually look like truck bed coating, it is just rough flat black paint. It makes it look like plastic and it matches the plastic on the bumpers. Somebody actually asked if I had painted the bumpers with the same stuff. The only drawback is, wax really sticks to it and I can't get it off. I'm gonna have to respray.
          WTB late model, anywhere on the east coast will go as far west as Texas for the right car at the right price. 5 speed 6cyl only.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." - Han Solo

Comment

SEM trim black

Comment

Agree with the SEM. Cans are ~$7.50 here.

Comment

what kind of prep work do you do before coating with black trim paint?

Comment

red scotch brite pad

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospec View Post
                    Check out Paintscratch if you decide to go d-schwarze. They sell rattle cans.
                    Looking for zinnoberrot....is that cinnabar that they list?

Comment

i did some research and i saw that i should wet sand the spoilers with 220 grit...
                      do the red scotch brite pads prep the spoilers better? do i need to use water with the scotch brite pads?

Comment

Working...
                      X