M techs pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M techs pics

ok, i have an 87 325is, i have found a set of euro bumpers from a 323i at a salvage yard, i think i can steal them from the guy for maybe like 20 bucks (the guy has ABSOLUTLY NO CLUE what he has, all he knows is its a european bmw..

anyway, i am planning on snaggin these bumpers, but i am disapointed in the fact that my "IS" airdam must go.. BUT, i here there is hope with the m technic spoilers..

i here people talking about M tech 1 is the shit right now, but i here other talking abot M tech 2 spoilers, and is there an M tech 3?

does anyone have pics of the difs in looks?

and i work at the BMW dealership, talked to the parts guy, he say WITH my discount i can get that M tech 1 front air dam for $350 (new) is this good price for new? (retail is 500)
    </img>
    Schnitzel Not Rice....

You cant use the Mtech2 with the euro bumpers
    There is no mtech3, thats just gregs sn

350 is a good price for it being new. But keep in mind that it wont look as good unless you have the rear and possibly the sideskirts. Dont forget you will need a euro valance unless you want to chop up your US one.

With that being said I got a full mtech1 kit shiped over from the UK for $500. It needs some work and new paint but overall it was a good deal. I wouldnt suggest doing what I did right now since the dollor sucks. It would have cost me an extra 150-200 bucks if I bought it right now.

You might want talking to some people in AUS, they have euro parts and on top of that shipping is cheap

good luck
    Jon

Comment

My sig comes from M-technik and I had a 3 series and just blended them sorry for confusion.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
        My sig comes from M-technik and I had a 3 series and just blended them sorry for confusion.
        I dont see your sig?

Comment

niiice (M technic 3) if i order this thing new, it will not be pre painted ( i assume?) i have NO experience with doing business with body shops, how much(an estimate) to get a front spoiler painted (and sideskirts and rear)... i figure i will get the air dam new, and i see side skirts and rear apron on furoms and ebay for cheap(er) ,

(question don;t laugh) which part i valance, is it the thin metal bar that the airdam sits on... or something else?

and i KNOW i saw a post that had pics OF my car (red 87 IS) with euro bumpers and m tech 1 kit on, BUT I've been searching for 20 mins and can';t find it!!! grr. if someone posted on that post (love english grammer) could u post the link to that post (hehe)

thanks, M technik 3, ] bkelsey86 told me u deal with euro parts, i;'ve read some posts from u, u travel to europe and get parts and bring them back? what can u get (what do u have) ect.. thanks...[/b]
          </img>
          Schnitzel Not Rice....

Comment

M-Tech 1 or the first generation M-Technic:

**more pics of Pal's E30** http://home.netpower.no/pberg/325i_images.html

M-Tech 2 or second generation M-Technic:

US version....

Rest of the world version....

As mentioned, the M-Tech 2 will only fit later model cars and the M-Tech 1 will only fit early model Non-US chrome bumpers.

Good luck!! And get what you like....not what is popular ;)

Comment

I thought the flare style mtech1 sideskirts dont fit 4 doors due to you wouldnt bealble to open the door? Whats up with that?!

Comment

Hey do those m-tech 1 sideskirts fit a late model e30 with plastic bumpers?

Comment

Comment

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
                    '98 528i

Comment

I don't have a definitive answer on the side skirts but I don't think so.
                      The skirt follows the wheel arch on the rear and the wheel arch is different on the late / early cars.

Comment

thanks for the info and pics chris (e30 cab), i have an 87' IS, would M tech 2 air dam work on my car ( i really like them both, not sure which one i'll use)
                        also, this 323i that i'm grabbing the bumpers off of, it also has trhe euro grills (headlights covers) will these swap directly into my car as well?

PS. awesome car, looks sweet on autocross
                        </img>
                        Schnitzel Not Rice....

Comment

yeah the grills are a direct swap

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325
                            I thought the flare style mtech1 sideskirts dont fit 4 doors due to you wouldnt bealble to open the door? Whats up with that?!
                            Anyone have an answer? Did he modifiy them to fit?

Comment

The flare style doesn't fit four doors and nor late model cars...
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X