Sunroof wind deflector things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof wind deflector things

I'm planning on getting another E30, and I've noticed a lot of them come with those tacky aftermarket ones. Is there any way those things can come off without damaging anything? I freakin' hate them!
    Me: "I can't wait to redline my car!"
    Mark: "Didn't you just break a rocker arm?"
    Me: "Yeah, I don't think I've learned my lesson."
    Mark: "You never will."

yeah, they're usually attached by clamps.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Good. I truly hate those things because I think they make the car look ugly. Besides, BMW built one into the sunroof!

Comment

Originally posted by llll1l1ll
        BMW built one into the sunroof!
        Not all of them, hence why some e30s have them. Mine doesn't have the built in one and it's noisy as hell with just the top open. I have to have my windows down too or you get the pressure changes that make it sound like you're under a helicopter.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
          Not all of them, hence why some e30s have them. Mine doesn't have the built in one and it's noisy as hell with just the top open. I have to have my windows down too or you get the pressure changes that make it sound like you're under a helicopter.
          Mine can sound like that when it's open all the way with the windows up too, for awhile when I first bought the car it drove me crazy.

BMP sells those things for close to $100 bucks...my car came with one. Of course it's thrown in a corner of the garage but I wonder how much I can get for it.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
            BMW built one into the sunroof!
            I didn't know they did that on e30's, I noticed it on our E36 and wished I had one.

Comment

Hm! I never knew they didn't build them into some E30s. I have noticed that sometimes if the pressure is off in my car, the sunroof won't open. It's kinda funny, really!

Comment

Hm! I never knew they didn't build them into some E30s. I have noticed that sometimes if the pressure is off in my car, the sunroof won't open. It's kinda funny, really!
                ...with my car rack on my car at like 75mph+ it doesnt open either. downforce must be to great or something.
                '91 318is

Comment

Yeah, I had to open the windows first, then the sunroof.

I was with my friends at the time, and I was just like, "Y'know, I bet its the pressure! I just have to open up the windows!" I never felt smarter, hahah.

Comment

Working...
                  X