Need parts for M tech II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need parts for M tech II

I just got an M tech II kit but its missing the door and front fender upper molding on the passenger side. :? The car I found it on actually had the kit installed and painted metallic purple even though it was missing these parts. Thank god I had the cash to rescue it… well, credit anyway. In any case I’m not going that rout; the sides are not going on until I have all the pieces. Dose anyone know where I might find some misc. M tech II parts? :roll: Maybe I’ll get lucky and there’s someone on this board, like me, who hordes random parts and has what I’m looking for.

PS I have a lead on a pair of side skirts like these… http://2002bmw.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=3359
    If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll try to find you a price. They’re plastic, in good shape, on a black car.

When you attach your MTechII kit to a car that did not come with it, how do you attach the side panelling?

Do you have to drill holes? Where?

Comment

I have not yet attached the kit so I can not be 100% positive but I believe the top portion snaps into the factory holes for the side molding wile the bottom uses clips very similar to an 89+ front lip spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
        When you attach your MTechII kit to a car that did not come with it, how do you attach the side panelling?

you drill new holes.
        Lots
        factory drilling diagram is worth more than all the mtech parts in the world.

you drill holes for side panels, and rocker covers. about 16+ per side of the car.
        Below the radar...

Comment

Re: Need parts for M tech II

Originally posted by lovnbmws
          PS I have a lead on a pair of side skirts like these… http://2002bmw.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=3359
          If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll try to find you a price. They’re plastic, in good shape, on a black car.
          Sorry I don’t have any way of getting a price or any additional info on the skirts until next weekend. The guy is kind of a dick and and prices things based on his mood. I didn’t ask about them last time I saw him because I was already on his case about the m-tech stuff and he was gettin kinda pissy. :evil: Sorry for the tease, I’ll be sure to repost next weekend when I have more details.

Comment

You can buy drilling templates from dealers, although I imagine it would still be difficult to get everything lined up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
              Originally posted by Low Level E30

you drill new holes.
              Lots
              factory drilling diagram is worth more than all the mtech parts in the world.

you drill holes for side panels, and rocker covers. about 16+ per side of the car.
              Really? That sucks.

Do you have, or know where to get, the drilling diagram, Chris?

Comment

You only have to drill 4 holes on each side for the side panels........and around 8 holes for the bottom of the sideskirts (which are the most difficult).....my experience is on my cab, so I don't know if hardtops are different.

The template would be most helpful drilling the holes for the sideskirts, but can be done without as I did..........major PIA but managed to not screw it up..........too bad ;)

The best place for misc parts for the kit, incl attachment pieces, is BMW. It's good to replace all of them ;)

Comment

Working...
                X