Wetsand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsand

I wanna give my car a nice wetsand when spring comes about and do an overall outer cleaning, hopefully remove some of the acid rain marks in the clearcoat.

My question is, what product should I use after the sanding, to finish it off and get the shine back?

Im not very experienced with paint work, but I wanna have a go at it to see what I can do, it would be my last resort in trying to fix up my paint before getting a full respray. Any suggestions appreciated.
    1990 325ix

Yike's , I would suggest just buffing, with a product like accubuff ( I think that's what its called ) found at marine places for buffing boats , makes the gel caot look brand new ! Safer than wet scrathing IMOP...

Comment

Well from what I was reading in regards to the Acid Rain damage spots, they are about halfway in through the clearcoat. So I would need something abbraisive enough to eat away through the surface layers of the clearcoat.. which is why i was gonna do the wetsand..
      1990 325ix

Comment

I'm no expert on paint, but if you start working on spots! and only repair spots, I think you will see spots, No what I mean ?
        The problem with wet sanding is , once you start you preatty much have to do the hole car , and if ya do that , then you might as well re clear the whole car.
        So why wouldn't ya just get a respray ?

You can allways tell when a car has just had a fender,hood,door,what ever
        done !
        Try seeing if they will just buff out first, I have seen some nasty scratches
        and blems get buffed out !

Comment

I know what you mean, but it IS all over the whole car. At least all over the hood/roof/trunk. So I was gonna do the whole top. The only reason I was gonna try this was to save myself the cost of a respray, in case it actually worked.

I can try buffing it out, Ive already tried some products without any luck. Maybe if I can find someone with a nice buffer I can give it a go.
          1990 325ix

Comment

See if you can maybe pick up a trunk lid from Fil and practice on that.

Or maybe even your trunk lid. Start small, don't start on the hood thats for sure, just incase you screw up or something. As for really help i have none.

Good luck.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
            X