Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Cable Exposed Behind Passanger Rear Wheel

Hi,
    I tried to do a search on this, but I don't think I am using the right terms, because very few, unrelated posts show up. Behind my rear passanger tire there is what looks like the remains of a guard that covered the battery cable. I think it was screwed on. Now the battery cable is exposed in the wheel well, which doesn't seem good to me. Any suggestions how to repair it? Was there a removable guard there? Can I order one on-line, or do I need to go to a junk yard? Do I have to talk off the rear shock (strut?) to replace it?
    Thanks!
    Dan

No, it fits along the base of the right shock tower, following the floor. That cable channel is bolted on using 10mm plastic nuts.

Did someone hack the end of the cable off or what?

Where is your battery now?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks. The battery is fine; I can just see the wires running to the front of the car. Why do they run the wires outside the body and bolt a guard over it? That doesn't make sense to me. Sounds like I may be able to find one in a junk yard. Thanks for the help. I was worried I needed to take the shock off. I just couldn't see what the original part looked like, because it was so badly rusted.

Comment

Working...
      X