Painting Front Trim - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Front Trim - HELP

As my summer car is getting prepped to be put and will eventually be put away I wanted to finalize my winter/project car with some touching up of some front end pieces. The car is a 1991 318is in Alpine White and correct me if I am wrong but am pretty sure the paint code is 146? I guess I am looking for some guidance. I am not sure of the correct processes or products to use but I am guessing I need to do some sanding, some degreasing, some body filler, some sanding again, spray primer, spray color and then spray clear coat. I know to first tape off and cover everything that I don't want to be touched by the paint. I need some suggestions on process and products. I do not have a sprayer and will be using aerosol (I know this isn't the best way but what will help make this method work and look good?). Much thanks to everyone and here is what I am trying to do. Nothing major I promise. It is the white trim piece just beneath the headlights and the grill.

I do want this to look good but am not expecting it to be perfect. A lot of work has gone into this car and I don't want to just do a half ass job. I know it isn't that bad but it is an eye sore for me to look at all the time. I will be throwing some SEM trim paint on the front pieces as well while they are off.
    '91 318is Alpine II- || HR Sport || Bilstein Sport || Poly RTAB || Treehouse FCAB || Poly Motor Mount || Poly Tranny Mount || Poly Diff mount || IE Sway Bar || BA HP Coils/Wires || 19# Injectors || SSR Comps w/10mm spacers || Hawk Pads || Fog Delete || Magnaflow Exhaust || Z4 3.0 SSK ||

I have the same problem, I had a can of Alpine white mixed up and I will just mask off, sand down and paint/clear coat.

Not sure what my paint code was though, there is a thread in the DIY section though.
    REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Working...
    X