Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any options for a lower profile/thinner lip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any options for a lower profile/thinner lip?

Is there anything out there that I could run if I'm low enough to where I'm busting iS lips, but am still bothered by seeing the car with nothing under the valance? I tried a Volvo lip that the previous owner had on the car for a bit, but it popped off the first day I put it back on. :(
    1991 318is - custom dents, loud steering, peeling clear coat, cracked seats. <3 <3

WTB: Center caps for Zender Sports.

You could use the stock i lip.
    1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

painted i lips can look really good.
      Originally posted by george graves
      Is that Hitler having a Juicy Juice in your avatar?
      Originally posted by Raxe
      yes :(
      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      I FUCKING LOVE JUICE. a

Comment

The best solution in my opinion would be learning how to drive.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

i lip, fits well, doesn't hang low, and looks way better than the ghetto vw/volvo lips
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

+1 for 'i' lip. i have one for winter use so i dont plow snow.

Comment

I think I will look for an i lip, I remember seeing one at the junk yard a couple of days ago so I might go back and grab it.
              Originally posted by ak- View Post
              The best solution in my opinion would be learning how to drive.
              Originally posted by White325is
              ^^^ this. If you wanna ride low you need to change your driving style. If your used to hot rodding around and speeding all over the place then you need to have the car raised up enough to deal with your driving style and roads. If your roads are shit and you wanna drive low, well you need to change your driving style to deal with the roads and the car.
              Know what I'm saying?
              Kind of hard to drive around ridiculously high and short speed bumps that were installed by a private HOA (so they don't have to adhere to any guidelines), but thanks for your well thought out and helpful responses guys. Feel free to point out my low post count and lack of avatar/sig if you feel the need.
              1991 318is - custom dents, loud steering, peeling clear coat, cracked seats. <3 <3

WTB: Center caps for Zender Sports.

Comment

op seems douchey

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                Originally posted by JakeP
                with a coathanger

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
                  op seems douchey
                  OP seemed like he had a legitimate question, and i'm not sure whey people jumped on his case and arrived at 'learn how to drive'

ignore these guys, goml23.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                    OP seemed like he had a legitimate question, and i'm not sure whey people jumped on his case and arrived at 'learn how to drive'

ignore these guys, goml23.

I agree, and Ill go one further, I'd say just FVCK these guys. What does driving have to do with the question.

I swear, some of you guys must be 14.

BTW.. I like the i lip just fine. If your low enough, the iS lip is just going to get trashed. No matter how you drive.
                    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

I don't know what this is really all about, the above posts aren't telling OP he doesn't know how to drive, they are just saying that being really low requires a different driving style. But I think an i lip would probably suit your needs.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

another option is no lip, just make sure you remove all the clips and bend the taps back so it doesnt look like you are missing a lip. cheap and effective for the lowest of the low.
                        sigpic
                        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

If you live in said private HOA, you could just make the sleeping policeman disappear.

Comment

i say body colored "i" lip with a black splitter under.
                            harry/harout

Comment

VW MK3 2.0 lip, just gotta section the middle, lop the ends off and trim the clips back.
                              *the white ziptie has been replaced wth a black one from the back* I like the way this one looks, just like a 'doubled' i lip sorta. I have a MK3 duckbill on order, pics to come when it's on.

VW MK3 2.0 lip shortened by length and width, I now have the duckdill but no pictures yet

Last edited by karlorado; 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X