Paint Engine Bay!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Engine Bay!?

So im about to spray my engine bay, its completely down to bare metal right now. What primor should i use? I was going the rattle can way but not quite positive yet so let me know. Thanks alot, mike

If you have the engine out, and it's all prepped why in the fucking cock slut would you ruin your hard work with a spray bomb? Use an air compressor and a gun, and spray on some industrial metal primer (Cloverdale makes a good one).
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Gotta say I agree. Run down to NAPA or Sherwin Williams and get some real paint. It doesn't have to be expensive, just a good quality product.
      1990 325is - sterling silver, very nice, maybe for sale

Comment

I say if its down to bare metal, why not spend the money and let a body shop paint it?
        I wouldnt think they would charge any more than 5-700..

Comment

if you have money, get it done professionally. If you dont, go to advanced, spend 30 bucks on primer and paint and spray can it.
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

I'd rather not have a proffesional do it, as my buddy's uncle can. Still, what kind of primer, paint should i go for and what prices am i looking at? Thanks

Comment

If you are going to have a buddies uncle do it, why not ask him for an estimate? Not trying to be a dick. Also this

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
              If you have the engine out, and it's all prepped why in the fucking cock slut would you ruin your hard work with a spray bomb? Use an air compressor and a gun, and spray on some industrial metal primer (Cloverdale makes a good one).
              Originally posted by ak-
              Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

talk to the guy who is going to be spraying it to find a primer/sealer that is going to be compatible with whatever paint he is going to be shooting.

Comment

chrome.
                  everything chrome. from the metal to rubber. nuts, bolts, the entire engine bay.
                  CHROME.
                  1992 BMW 325iC <3

Comment

Why have silver when you can have gold? haha.

Get some "high build" primer and a lot of it.

Comment

i dont like the chrome/gold look. i was going for the bronze/rust look.... lmao jk

Comment

You may want to contemplate doing a POR-15 race car gray its a great sealer,rust preventive,and on the plus side you could paint your car as many colors as you want and it would always look good. its self leveling and you can apply with a brush or roller. thats my 2c

Comment

Oh and your in Illinois for sure do POR-15 you wont regret it. You could get it at Keytone paint supplies and Finishmaster or even order it on line. Btw you could still paint over the top of it. After a quick scotch bright.
                          I grew up there and did my first 10 years of autobody in that rust ridden state. Dam I love Colorado no salt.
                          Last edited by nu-B; 12-26-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
                            why in the fucking cock slut .
                            Hahahah This ^^

Comment

Working...
                            X