Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to replace rear bumper cover and front valence - Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to replace rear bumper cover and front valence - Options?

So my 93 'vert needs a new rear bumper cover and the front valance is rough with no lip (the cover is good though).

Besides finding used parts to replace what is there, what easy and reasonalby priced options are out there? I can paint, so that's not a problem.

Put another way...Who makes a quality body kit that doesn't look ricer?
    1990 325is - sterling silver, very nice, maybe for sale

Originally posted by Just Scott View Post
    So my 93 'vert needs a new rear bumper cover and the front valance is rough with no lip (the cover is good though).

Besides finding used parts to replace what is there, what easy and reasonalby priced options are out there? I can paint, so that's not a problem.

Put another way...Who makes a quality body kit that doesn't look ricer?
    easy and reasonably priced don't go together in the case of aftermarket stuff, as they will take lots of effort to fit. high quality OEM stuff (like an mtech II kit) is pricey. i dont know why you are against it, but buying used parts in both cases is your best bet here. You could have both pieces for ~$200. Another $50-150 for an OEM front lip and you're set.

you could probably do an aftermarket mtech II front valance reasonably, and it doesnt look terrible with stock bumpers.

Comment

There really is nothing that meets both of your criteria. The best kit for your car is an m-tech II kit which goes for around $1000 - $1200 used, and in the ballpark of $2000 - $2500 new.

Either put your money towards that or just replace the stock rear bumper and front valance with good condition used ones.

There are m-tech II fiberglass replica parts out there, but I wouldn't spend my money on that when the genuine parts are not much more. Plus the genuine parts you know will fit correctly, will be easier to install and will keep their resale value.

EDIT: Just saw straight6pwr's reply. I'd agree, either stay stock and add a lip spoiler or go m-tech II. Those are gonna be your best options

Comment

Thanks for the advice. There's no problem with stock pieces. I was just exploring the opportunity to change it up since they parts need replacing anyway.

The salvage yard prices are right on too. Thanks again!

Comment

I totally agree with OEM. If you are going to stick with the plastics, get the black euro trim. This gets rid of the side markers for a cleaner look...

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
            I totally agree with OEM. If you are going to stick with the plastics, get the black euro trim. This gets rid of the side markers for a cleaner look...
            you make me jealous with your super-clean blue car.

Comment

Bought stock pieces from a yard in Alabama - driver's fender, front rebar, front valence and rear bumper cover - $325 for all of it. All in Brilliantrot so these should be a "buff and bolt-on".

I still need a lip though....

Comment

Originally posted by Just Scott View Post
                Bought stock pieces from a yard in Alabama - driver's fender, front rebar, front valence and rear bumper cover - $325 for all of it. All in Brilliantrot so these should be a "buff and bolt-on".

I still need a lip though....
                Cheapest would probably be from blunt:

BluntTech is your source for quality auto parts and accessories. Shop online for home delivery or pick up.

you can get the 'i' lip, seen on the blue e30 above, for about half the $$ as the 'is' lip.

Comment

Working...
                X