Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me choose my paint!

I have two ideas...
    First off my cars "name" is SilberAdler" for silver eagle.
    I want to incorporate silver... of course.

1st idea:
    A silver metallic, and shadow-line the trim pieces

2nd idea:
    BMW schwarze Shadow-line as well w/ a silver pinstripe

has anyone done either? pics would be nice!

How much paint should i buy? how much should i expect to pay?
    what are your thoughts on painting it myself?

I like your first idea better, mainly because I don´t like pinstripes, and more importantly than my personal taste, just a silver pinstripe will be lost in all that blackness. I don´t dislike an all-blacked-out BMW, if done well, but I think that´s what you would be achieving with your 2nd. idea. If you have a garage or something like that, I´d recommend you buying fellow member FrankM30´s paint writeup. I bought it for $7, it´s so detailed it´s scary, worth every penny. My car is sterling silber and I blacked-out the chrome trim. I like it better than before.
    1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

I like to add a cool looking stripe or "graphic" (I do custom paint work). Recently I've been doing custom paintjobs in the Forza Video game, & in fact the last two cars I've painted (& on my own BMW) I did them first in Forza to show the owner.
      Guess there's no way to upload images from my harddrive...
      BTW I'm close enough for you to bring me the car to paint if you like. :D

~ Paul
      aka "Tha Driver"

Comment

wow Paul. I really dig what you did with the E21. Not exactly what I would do on my own car, but still my hat is off to you. It looks a lot more euro. Only thing I don´t like is the rims on it. Not that I don´t like them, I don´t think they blend with the rest of it. I wish I had the cash for a superb paint job.
        1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

Working...
        X