DETAILING DONE RIGHT (non e30 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DETAILING DONE RIGHT (non e30 content)

I was browsing through google and bumped into this fully detailed "how to" detail a GTR. My gawd, this guy knows what he's doing. I've yet to see someone detail an e30 like this.

Show & Shine - Wes_R + GT-R [120 pics] - I honestly don't know how to start this so let's just get straight into it. So I was contacted initially for advice on how to deal with the swirls with the Porter Cable, Optimum Polishes, and some Lake Country Pads but along the conversation when I mentioned how long it would...

Wow. I want to do that. But im terribly lazy.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

any professional detailer will take the same/similar steps when detailing a client's vehicle. The only difference between the gtr guy and most detailers is that he didn't use a foam gun which helps out a lot.

i work for www.detailaddict.com. pm me with any questions about washing/detailing cars and i'll help you out.

Comment

Got mine cleaned about 3 years ago like that cost about $200 for it seems they lost money on amount of hours they worked on it. Shame as they forgot to seal the paint and the crude on my car quickly went back to chalky in few areas.

Won't spend that till car is repainted properly.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

That is one nice car. Its alot easier to make a 1 year old car look nice compared to a 20 year old. Ive color sanded before but on a near $100K car, id be freaking out!

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
            any professional detailer will take the same/similar steps when detailing a client's vehicle. The only difference between the gtr guy and most detailers is that he didn't use a foam gun which helps out a lot.

i work for www.detailaddict.com. pm me with any questions about washing/detailing cars and i'll help you out.
            Is that in fremont? Does elliot lin still work there?

Comment

yeah, I was in nervous to see sanding marks on his door.

Comment

Great job man. looks amazing.

WTB
                -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
                -s52, s50, m52, m54
                -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

Epic

Comment

Looks good.

About the same as when I do the other cars we have, it takes me the entire weekend. Probably because of the beer breaks. But I wash then tape, clay, polish, seal and wax then detail and hit the insides. Too bad my E30 isn't in better shape so I can give it more than the monthly wash and wax.
                    sigpic

Comment

sux that its a black car , so it will be dirty in 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                        Is that in fremont? Does elliot lin still work there?

Used to be in fremont. now it's in santa clara close to Great America. Elliot still works here yes but not everyday.

Comment

good stuff. might make a stop to get my e30 paint corrected and sealed up. I used to know elliot because he worked at a tutoring center with me. is he still driving an e46 m3?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                            good stuff. might make a stop to get my e30 paint corrected and sealed up. I used to know elliot because he worked at a tutoring center with me. is he still driving an e46 m3?
                            yep he has the clean e46 m3. I think he'll be around until the end of summer when he transfers for school. You can call the shop or just pm me since I can check the calendar and availability from my phone or any computer.

Comment

Working...
                            X