Any help for the ol' girl? Paint resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any help for the ol' girl? Paint resto

Before and after 4 years. I let it bake out in the sun for many many months like an idiot. It was a second car and didn't get driven that much. It's my only car now and I would like to get it looking a little better without having to get it painted. The oxidation is pretty bad on the roof and trunk too. I haven't done anything besides a clay bar yet. Which didn't do anything. I'm not a detailing expert obviously. Any ideas on the steps I need to take? Or is it worthwhile?

Attached Files

Good compound and polish job will bring a ton of life back into that paint.

Heres some inspiration. This was one or two applications of cheap meguiars polish on my diamond schwartz decklid.

I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Your clear is starting to break down pretty badly. You can try compound & a buffer, but you'll probably just take off more clear & still not have much shine. Gonna' need paint before too long I'm afraid...
      You can bring it to me & I'll do a show quality job cheaper than other shops (I don't have much overhead & I'm not greedy). :)
      I'm in N.E. Ga.; folks have brought me cars from as far away as Ohio.
      You can email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
      ~ Paul
      aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Comment

Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post
        Good compound and polish job will bring a ton of life back into that paint.

Heres some inspiration. This was one or two applications of cheap meguiars polish on my diamond schwartz decklid.

Thanks. I may try that. I've got a friend that's been painting cars for 15 years and offered to paint it for me. I just have to detrim it and leave it with him for a while. So he can do it in his spart time. But, I would have to have another car to drive. And no money for that right now. Just was thinking of what I could do in the mean time. I'm not going to put a whole lot of effort into it for no reward. Especially since it's probably need a respray anyways.

Comment

Working...
        X