need a little help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little help!

so r3v i picked an es spoiler off an early model in pnp of sac, it was bronzit in color and had 6 mounting screws, cracked to hell.
    i thought if i sand it the cracks would come out, but i sanded the hell out of it and some are still pretty deep, if anyone has any experience working with this spoiler they would know its very flexible like gumby, what i'm wondering is, would it be fine to bondo this sort of material? because if i paint it as is the cracks will still show, and it would be a bitch ton of work to sand all the cracks out. so would bondo hold up fine on this puppy with a few coats of SEM trim paint on top? thanks r3v, also i have photos if anyone needs to see to make a call on it.

Try it anyways man. Bondo hides imperfections. Whether or not it will adhere to the plastic of the es front lip is something I'm not entirely sure of.

Do it anyways.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

haha i knew this would be a hard topic, its not the front lip, its just the spoiler from an es rear deck lid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
        haha i knew this would be a hard topic, its not the front lip, its just the spoiler from an es rear deck lid.
        aw what the hell man those are gay. Keep your trunk spoilerless!
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

you think? i like the look of the tiny little spoiler.

Comment

Bondo can work, another thing that you may want to try is plastic repair You can find it by going into any body shop supply store they should have some, but it is a little more expensive. There is some plastic repair that even when hardened has some flex to it similar to the rear spoiler.
            instagram

Comment

those spoilers are hard to fill they are made of some sort of foam...i gave up and primed it until most the cracks were gone and then a week later it cracked

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                those spoilers are hard to fill they are made of some sort of foam...i gave up and primed it until most the cracks were gone and then a week later it cracked
                this. best of luck. just get used to it. paint it black and ignore it or paint it body color and don't pay attention to it close up. or just leave it spoilerless/mtech1.

Comment

hmm..... i may just do some hard-core sanding see what i might get away with, theres tons and tons of tiny cracking in circle patterns, but theres a few points where the cracks are a little deeper and wider, it wouldn't be impossible to rid of cracks though.

Comment

Bondo won't work Spence. It will soon crack from the constant expansion and contraction. Kitty hair filler may be another alternative, but I haven't had good results in the past.

The best solution I have found, needing the least work, is spray Plasti-dip. It fills the cracks quite well and leaves a flexible rubberized surface.

I have a smooth white one at the house I'll be happy to trade you, or you can send it to me and I can media blast it for you.
                    Suspension tips here...
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Have you sanded enough to remove all of the paint yet? If you are lucky the cracks will just be in the paint.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by der affe
                      first try a finger or 2, you need to have them suck on it first and get it nice and wet to help it slip in.

if she goes for that, astroglide up your pole, have her lay on her stomach and slip it in slowly and bury it to your balls and leave it there until she relaxes. once she is used to it slam that ass like a screen door.

Comment

Originally posted by DTM190 View Post
                        Have you sanded enough to remove all of the paint yet? If you are lucky the cracks will just be in the paint.
                        Yep im at bare rubber or whatever you wanna call the compound and huge cracks

Comment

Originally posted by GCMARK View Post
                          Bondo won't work Spence. It will soon crack from the constant expansion and contraction. Kitty hair filler may be another alternative, but I haven't had good results in the past.

The best solution I have found, needing the least work, is spray Plasti-dip. It fills the cracks quite well and leaves a flexible rubberized surface.

I have a smooth white one at the house I'll be happy to trade you, or you can send it to me and I can media blast it for you.
                          Not familiar with the term media blast but sounds fine to me no need for snail mail I'll just come up sometime soon. I shouldn't need a wing if my cars not running anyway haha

Comment

Media Blast...

Think Sandblasting but with something less aggressive than sand IE:

Crushed walnut/almond shells
                            Soda powder
                            Ruby dust
                            etc...
                            Suspension tips here...
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Ohh okay I thought it was along those lines haha

Comment

Working...
                              X