valance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valance question

so i needed a replacement for my front euro bumper and found one, and I basically got the valance for free. It will not fit my 87 because it will not accomodate the fog lights. this came off a 323 (maybe an '83?). Someone suggested posting and seeing what you guys think. Any thoughts about this thing? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

That isnt no euro valance, that there is off of a US model. If i can find the picture of the one you need, i'll post a picture of it. I know it's on here and it's a picture of the valance off the car. Just finding it is going to be the tuff part lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

that there is a pre-facelift valence. foglights on these models were either bumper mounted, or inside of the chin spoiler that mounted over this piece. here is one mounted on my 87 Eta

this is the best pic I have of the early valance ON a car right now....

here is a pic of my current E30 with the late valance on it, but without the fogs installed....

Last edited by scottinAZ; 08-07-2011, 12:21 PM. Reason: added late pics
      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

He's looking for the 86-87 "euro" valance.

I found the thread where i seen the picture, but the picture is long gone and is a red X. So here is the valance he is looking for, but it is on a car.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Jason, you might find the pic you are looking for in a Japandrew thread.
          Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 08-07-2011, 02:12 PM. Reason: NM, looks like he deleted them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            Jason, you might find the pic you are looking for in a Japandrew thread.
            Yeah i seen he deleted them all. But iirc his was an 83-85 valance.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I went back digging through some emails. Here is the car it came off of prior to the wreck.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yep, that is not a euro valance. See how the fog lamp holes are under the bumper? All four sides of the cutout will be exposed when it's euro.

Comment

Not the best pictures, but this thread here shows the 86-87 "euro" valance off the car.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Working...
                  X