shaving bmw emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaving bmw emblems

I am about to send my bronzit vert to the body shop for body work and a respray, and I was wondering if anybody has shaved the bmw emblems from the hood and trunk. any pictures?

I want to see what it looks like and any thoughts on it before I even consider it.
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Jared Fenton shows you the really easy steps to improving the looks of your BMW, with the simple front or rear Roundel replacement.

Comment

^ What he said.....

Comment

roblun and onmy2nde30 are what I call idiots. Why the hell would you post about something you obviously no nothing about? Dumb Asses!
        The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Ive done both, the trunk was on Erik's car. neither my hood or his trunk has seen paint yet, but i think it looks clean.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
            bmw emblems
            They're called Roundels.

Comment

If you do it, place a paper towel under the screwdriver to save your paint

Comment

^ the body work needed to do the shaving will do a number on your paint compared to a screwdriver

Comment

Haha you know this thread is about shaving the hood/trunk roundels and not just removing them, right?
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Yeah I figured that out after posting.

So what, judt pull emblem.. bondo then paint?

Comment

I would assuming some cutting and welding the "well" that they sit in would need to occur. Bondo would crack to fuck.
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Metal or fiberglass. Its too deep for bondo

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Metal only. Its too deep for bondo
                          Fixed that for you. You do realize bondo is basically just fiberglass resin? Anything other then steel will shrink/expand at a different rate then the original metal and cause cracks.

I personally don't like the shaved looked. Makes it look as if something is missing (because there is).

Comment

I agree with metal only.

I was thinking about doing this.....

Comment

thanks for that 1 pic. I'm only exploring weather or not i want to do it. Ill see how much my body guy would charge if i decide to do it.

dont worry, i know how to remove and replace the emblems.
                              www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
                              2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X