Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting My e30 in a week. Any thoughts on colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the car is bronzit....leave it bronzit unless you do the door jams, trunk, engine bay etc. Unless you strip the whole car....its not gonna look good. Bronzit done right...looks great.

Comment

In for the pics.
      Originally posted by TimKninja
      Racelands are cheap shit.
      Originally posted by whodwho
      So are r3v members
      Originally posted by Cabriolet
      dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Originally posted by SacE30
        He starts monday and should be done thursday or friday, and im only paying him $1300. Hes getting door jams, everything
        Oh and the trunk and engine bay?

If you want a different color buy a different car. A car with not great original paint is worth way more then a car with a 1200 dollar color change respray lol.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Oh, the suspense!

lol... Definitely can't wait to see what you came up with.

Did you fix the missing front lip?
            Originally posted by FunfGan
            My car is so racecar it makes peoples head's hurt. Literally.
            Originally posted by lambo
            This is r3v, your logic is useless. We went race-prepped, factory-built, street cars for the price of a loaf of bread.

Comment

Who's painting it? I brought mine to Jesse in San Leandro, Bronzit--> Alpine. I've seen pictures so far and it looks fucking great. I'm picking it up Monday. Check out his thread, a few pics are on there.

Comment

Just checked his thread, that does look pretty nice. You're not bothered that under hood will be bronzit?
                This is r3v, your logic is useless. We went race-prepped, factory-built, street cars for the price of a loaf of bread.

Comment

It was painted black before the S50 went in. So I'm content with that.

Comment

Calypsorot
                    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                      Calypsorot
                      No lol, but i seen a clean calypsorot vert on google. i was thinking of doing that.

update: My car is going in the booth tomorrow or Wednesday

Comment

This thread doesn't deliver.

In for pics.

Comment

Don't do a color change, clean bronzit is dope and rare. Plus aside from you engine bay it looks super tacky when you open and close your doors/truck and its a different color inside. If you do do a color change don't limit yourself to colors that come stock on BMW's let alone e30's. Whats the point. Search there is a e30 painted ferrari red floating somewhere around here. Its dope.
                          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

I'd just go with bronzit if you haven't already made up your mind. That's what I'm repainting mine when I get some more money. Note my car was originally that color.

Comment

this nigga lags harder than anyone i know hahah. with all this hype, it better make me jizz in mah pants.

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                                Don't do a color change, clean bronzit is dope and rare. Plus aside from you engine bay it looks super tacky when you open and close your doors/truck and its a different color inside. If you do do a color change don't limit yourself to colors that come stock on BMW's let alone e30's. Whats the point. Search there is a e30 painted ferrari red floating somewhere around here. Its dope.
                                Agree on bronzit, I like it too and wouldn't change it.

I also agree on don't limit yourself to stock BMW colors.

I somewhat agree about not changing colors. I have a car that is 5/6ths Brilliantrot, and I HATE red from an ownership perspective, so I'm leaning towards a color change to something more subtle.

If I had Bronzit, I'd rock it, or a shade of it (Sepang!) so the engine bay wouldn't look completely out of whack.

Comment

Working...
                                X