Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MATTE ORANGE! opionions? PICs in a week.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP e30
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Good progress, how much did you say Vlad is charging you for this?
      Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
      Originally posted by J3M93
      This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

bondo is evil.

everyone knows, or should know, that the very most bondo that can be used is no more than the width of a nickel thick. anything more it will crack.

bondo is not used to fix large dents or imperfections, its meant to smooth over the surface of small dimples and defects.

yes we hope it wont crack

Comment

Vlad? Im getting it done at a shop called all day paint or something like that! And 850.

Yeah im crosing my fingers now! Thank you for the bondo information

Comment

Theres the color my car will be painted. I was too late to change the paint. Its okay though this orange looks pretty cool. Semi flat orange. The cars looking pretty good as far as body work. But they couldnt asure me the bondo wont crack. Im sure my warrenty conviently wont cover that. Never again would i use this paint shop again unless my paint is coverd under warrenty.

Can someone inform me on how to wash semi flat/semi gloss paint..

Comment

sprayed door handles and mirrors uh...
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                sprayed door handles and mirrors uh...
                Lol. Yeah that looks retarted. But i think the handles are taped off. The mirrors arent though. My door handles and locks are forsure taped off. I was there this morning at 10am. Was told oh yeah its gling into paint here real soon
                Its 3pm and still not in paint!!!! Redicuolus place. I hope they dont paint my mirrors! I made sure the window trim wouldnt be though.

Hopefully my car looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by lovinmye30 View Post
                  Vlad? Im getting it done at a shop called all day paint or something like that! And 850.

Yeah im crosing my fingers now! Thank you for the bondo information
                  One Day Paint. haha! You've got bigger problems to worry about then just your Bondo cracking!

Originally posted by lovinmye30 View Post
                  Can someone inform me on how to wash semi flat/semi gloss paint..
                  Just use steel wool and a wire brush.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I think this will be a very cool unique color for your e30 :D Any wheel choices yet?

Comment

my friend is painting my e30 after i get the motor situated.

he told me plan for 3 days, and that's him working fast btw and me bringing the car sanded down and a lot of body work done by me.

so 7hrs he said for rust repair and whatever i miss in body work(give or take)

then 10hrs for paint, again give or take

i trust him, he has some e90 color on his e30 and will spray mine henna.

OP, they should garantee the bondo wont crack, why the fuck would they use a product if they dont even trust it? sounds like they dont know how to use it. again width of a nickel

Comment

i am eagerly waiting the results

Comment

This place is so cheap they couldn't even afford to cover the whole tire?

Comment

So.... i got a baseball bat shoved in my anus by these clowns. All star paint and body "we beat any estament" they took the tape off of the door handles
                            They painted my window sills, muffler, rear tire compartament, windsheild wiper arms, mirrors, they took my bmw badge off tge back and Glued it back on, last time i checked my badge was atached to my trunk just fine! The body work looks som(ewhat okay. The areas they actully did something too. It only took the
                            1 hr and 30 minuets to paint and dry it. Dont know if this is even a glod amout of time for a l
                            aint job.
                            They didnt inform me that putting that much bondo on my car it will eventually crack. The y said the truck i saw today, "thats the color your getting" see how its flat bur still has a dull shine?" Me "yeah yeah this color looks amazing." So he tells me it will be ready for you in 15 mimiets... okay well be back
                            Come back and the just happens to have already left.
                            He knew it looked like shit. Im deffentily not paying 800$ for this. Either they repaint it all flat black and ill pay the 800 if they dont fuck that up too. But forsure making a huge deal tomrrow! What do you guys think i should do? How do i come out of this place satisfied enough to not be mad everytime i look at my car. I was happyier with the car in primer!

Heres a picture of just the color. Tell me if you think its the same color as the truck. In the picture you would think its a good job. It sucks. And i seen a drip in the paint.

ths concept would look really good. Too bad the excutition sucks!

Comment

Did you even talk to them prior?

Sounds like you just told them you want an orange car and left.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Again! The picture looks good! Concept would be cool as hell withbblack rims. Fenders look good. But in person the paint job is a joke. My car came with black door handles s on a grey car why woulf u think orange handles and door locks would look good? Orange windshield wipers arms? Come on!!! . Not to memtion when they bring out my car and touched the door sill and theres like black finger prints on the orange paint. Wtf. Im thorwing a bitch fit tomorrow though.

Comment

Working...
                                X