Classic Trimcoat - any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Trimcoat - any experience?

Searching these forums for something to rejuvenate the chrome trim pieces on my freshly painted car, I ran across a couple of threads that mentioned Classic Trimcoat. I see they offer both an oxidized chrome refinishing product and a pitted black bumper rebuilding kit, both of which I could use - if they work as advertised.

Does anyone have first hand experience they can share with either of these products?
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

I used up one kit on my e30 and e46 and it works great. Their water soluble solution is the key to keeping the chrome from re-oxidizing. 2 years running and still no signs of oxidation. it doesn't remove scratches or anything though.

I have a new spare kit thinking I would ever have to use it again available if you are interested that I can sell to you for $50 shipped (10 bucks less than how much it costs if you include shipping from their website)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Brand new, nothing has ever been used. Comes with instruction video too.

Comment

I appreciate the offer, and will certainly let you know. Would you happen to have before and after shots of your work?

Comment

Sure. Ill snap one tonight on a test trim i did a while bavk

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Comment

a little difficult for me to snap a pic and show you the results but in person.. it is a night and day difference

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

no worries. let me know if you have any other questions.

also, noticing your build thread. this stuff doesn't work on the windshield trims as those are plastic wrapped in foil.

Comment

Yep, I need to replace those completely anyway since they're now in numerous pieces in my trash can.

Comment

Working...
                X