Free euro 318i now on to body work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free euro 318i now on to body work.

I am going to make everyone jealous right now, but I am stationed overseas and recently acquired an 87 318i. Its just an M10 for now but maybe some type of swap soon. I am looking forward to the small stuff first like body work which is fairly straight but I need to straighten on a rear bumper it is chrome, and it has some small dents that I need to get out... any ideas how. they are all on the edges.

Block of wood and a hammer?

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I am sort of new to the BMW things, and wood and hammer is what I was going to do, but I am thinking since I want to make this car look nice, and its a really good starter for the project I might just get replacement euro bumpers. Is there anywhere to get them for a good price.

Comment

I believe blunt tech has them but I'm not sure. If you go nuts with a hammer and have no clue what you're doing you're gonna destroy the bumper, but a professional PDR guy could likely make it perfect again instead of buying new bumpers.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobee View Post
          I am sort of new to the BMW things, and wood and hammer is what I was going to do, but I am thinking since I want to make this car look nice, and its a really good starter for the project I might just get replacement euro bumpers. Is there anywhere to get them for a good price.
          Used euro can go anywhere from 300-500 & beyond. Just go slow take your time & pound it out. You need to be firm but gentle. Make love to it. Nah mean?! Haha. Might be cheaper since your already in Europe any junkyard near you?

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Actually after i posted this i came across a buddy eho wrecked the front end of an M20 car. might be getting a lot of parts lol. but i still want to try and pound it out. i will go slow and make love to it like you said lol.

Comment

Dude you are in Sicily, there are a few good yards around you. Used to be stationed in Italy from 03-05. Only a few yards where I was, but enough on Sicily. Buddy of mine used to send me parts.
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

yeah we tried going to a few yards around here and they turned us away as soon as they saw we were americans. I am heading there sometime soon again with a few Sicilian friends.

Comment

Had the same problem up North with a Junkyard. I am at Aviano, let me know if you come across any parts down there, I just grabbed a Euro 88' 318i and have been looking at getting some stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X