side moulding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side moulding issue

so my side moulding on my 92 vert passenger rear was damaged and now won't stay on. I go to realoem and they say part number is 51131965106. Now I have this part from a pick and pull but it doesn't match what has come off the car which is part number 51131953938. the difference being is that the vert moulding looks like it slides into a end clip that is then screwed into the cars wheel wheel. Anyone know about this problem? I'll try to get some pics up later to explain better.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

new on top, what came off car is below

Comment

Youre missing the threaded part on the trim. The part that goes into the back hole is a threaded stud with a plastic acorn nut that is secured in the wheel well. Weird that the new one has 2 "front" clips which attaches by the door jam. Get a different moulding or just replace the 2 plastic clips (middle one and the one by the door jam) and take the back clip out which shouldnt be there anyways.

Comment

they are 2 diffent moldings but all they sell is one. Blows

Comment

There's a plastic nut on the very last one (one closest to wheel well) yours is ripped off the molding. If you feel in the well you'll be able to remove the nut and maybe reattach the threaded part with some epoxy/glue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Working...
          X