Rear plastic bumper fitment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear plastic bumper fitment.

I have an 08/88 325i (PB from factory I assume) The rear and front plastic bumpers are off another E30. On to the point, The rear bumper seems to have too much gap from the rear valance and I can't seem to get it adjusted right with the brackets. Here are some pictures. Anyone have an idea of what I should do or what might be wrong?
    Attached Files

Has the car ever been wrecked? Try adjusted the brackets more...

Comment

Small fender bender up front I think. (has different color fender/hood and the bracket that holds the lights have a wrecking yard code written on them) nothing in the rear though. everything is straight up front and in back other than my front valance has a small dent at the bottom by the lip. How much spacing should I have from the rear fenders? or none at all? I will give the adjusters another go tomorrow.

Comment

Heres some pics from searching google:

Definitely check the brackets again.
        Last edited by jw 325ic; 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks! I completely spaced searching for that.

Comment

No problem bro, glad to help. Post pics when youre done

Comment

So I am still not getting it to where it needs. Its better for sure but I still have a small amount of gap on both sides now. Should I get some washers to offset the brackets and play around with that? Thanks for all the help JW. I am a complete noob when it comes to adjusting the bumpers.

Comment

Here we go man, dont know how i forgot about this:

http://e30.bmwdiy.info/bumper-adjust/index.html

Hopefully that'll help some. Its hard to say based off just pics.

Did the rear bumper shocks get out of alignment?

Comment

Some bumpers just fit like crap on some cars and take a tremendous amount of tinkering to get them perfect. You aren't alone my friend, my front bumper fits like dooty.

The tolerances 20+ years ago just weren't what they are today.

Comment

Working...
                  X