Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dellema!! Schwarz or RubinSchwarz aka rubyblack metallic

hi everyone... *I'm new here so ;)

im in a big dilemma!!! i have my e30 in the paint shop all strip down to the bone, there wasn't much rust but wear their was, I sanded,wireburshed and even grinded them back and rust treated and primered them and plan was to spray the car in origanal Schwarz Black as i wanna keep the car oem and clean looking, strickly full m-tech2 kit in and out and set origanal alpina wheels and white and black leathers ;)*so the work started this week and nite before it started my younger brother kindly told me about Ruby black, never seening it and after Googleing the color i see what he was talking about!! lovly color *but my work had started and i was thinking mmmmm ruby black but was to late............*
    Next day come to bodyshop and paint was the and they had started to spray the Inners of the car, engine bay and doors, boot iner n iner lid, and the inner bonnet :( soo forget ruby!!
    next day...
    Crazzy thing is right, the paint shop didn't allowed the guy i was happy to do the job (man with 35yrs under this belt) but gave some plum a job trial (only 10yrs on his belt) to paint my car WTF!! A Job Trial on my car!
    I come next day and car was like i dont know how to explain but put it this way, orange peal like the Tango Man, fish eyes like was the sea, like seriously no lie, i was going mad till the old paint sprayer told me dont worrie son i will redo your car and it be 110% *resured by him we left it on friday till monday now to get redone..........
    NOW,,, this is were the dilemma started, friday nite i tougth i love the rudy color as i like dark purple and never seen a e30 in that colour making me want it more... but im thinking is that still not oem?? a friend of mines has a e60 in ruby black, very nice ;) but I know BMW didn't offered ruby black back in 80's for e30,, but what do you guys think about that, oem or not??
    One more thing,,,, e30 in Schwarz or Ruby black???
    i cant make my mind up, i love both colours but ruby is more uniquk but need make mind up before monday 9am *
    thank you for taking the time to read my long story*

Try using periods instead of asterisks. It's a bit more....normal.

But it's your car. If you've painted the inside one color, and you want it all done right, why paint the outside another color? You're basically asking for other peoples' opinions on what they would do if they were you painting your car. If you don't want a non e30 color on there, paint it schwarz. If you like ruby enough to have a non e30 color, go with that. Remember that the paint guy seems to be taking care of you, and may not be as patient if you ask him to redo the jambs, bay, and whatever else has been painted. I'd personally keep it schwarz.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Have the 35year guy spray ruby on the exterior. Do ETTT!

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your reply.. I been banking my head trying to pick the colour and went for Ruby ;) I can always find another e30 schwarz,, older bro has one anyway.
        This painter is bless becasuse he has repainted the inner doors n shuts, top engine bay and inner bonnet and boot line n lid, and then the extior and then the mtech kits next ;) sorry I'm new here but I will post up some picks of the hole project once its all done and I can gather them all up..

Comment

Working...
        X