Rusted Floor Pan repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusted Floor Pan repair?

Pulled my carpet in the vert for what I thought would be a simple dye job and found this waiting for me in the rear foot wells.
    I'm trying to decide if I want to tackle this project. I'm looking for tips from guys who have auto-body experience. How would you go about handling this sort of rust damage?
    There are no holes right now, but the round caps come off pretty easily and the metal feels brittle when pushing it. Any help appreciated

Last edited by ProjectCab; 09-17-2012, 11:05 AM.
    sigpic

I would use a wire brush and clean up the crusty stuff to see what the real damage is. Then if it is rusted through or very close I would weld in a replacement. If the metal is still decently thick neutralize the rust with a phosphoric acid and use a rust encapsulating paint.
    I've used por15 which is tought stuff and would make the thin stuff stronger.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks...guy at the body shop told me the same thing. That POR 15 and seam sealer stuff is what I will use. Then gonna do some undercoating. Hopefully I don't need to weld in any panels
      Thx again
      Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X