Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will DB's from an 89 325iC fit an 87 model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will DB's from an 89 325iC fit an 87 model?

Wondering if diving boards from a technically late model 1989 325iC will fit on my early model 1987 325e. So the standard is that no matter what year, the fronts can bolt up without any problems, but the rears from late models won't fit early model rears because the fender arches are different.

What I'm really wondering is if 1989 325iC will fit considering they still have diving boards. So does that mean the fender arches for late models with diving boards are the same as early models? A simple yes or no is all I need.

Yes grab the shocks as well they are shorter than what you have already. DB's fit fine it's the molding that is different in the rear for the wheel arch height.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Could someone post a pic of each for comparison? Are all three filler pieces different or just the sides? Thanks in advance.

Comment

This may be too late to help you, but I have been told all ic'c have the late model style lower arches. I had bumper surrounds from an '87 vert that wouldn't fit my '87 is because the arches were different.

So in other words you should be just fine.

Comment

I'm confused. You're saying that the arches for ic's are late model ones, but then you're saying I should be fine. I don't get what you're saying. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Comment

The actual bumpers will fit, just not the plastic surround pieces.

Comment

I gotcha. Sucks because then I'd need to find shrouds separately.

Comment

Working...
              X