Someone dented my door today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone dented my door today

Here is a picture of the dent. sorry about the lighting/etc... didn't get around to taking a picture till today. What is the best way to pull out the dent? it does not look very deep but I don't have much experience with dent removal.

Have a professional do it.
    Some things you just have to pay for, for peace of mind of ruining it yourself I'd say.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

That's not that bad of a dent. But there are two options if you wanna do it yourself. There are hammers... Special ones... My buddy has some at his shop.. I don't the exactly the name. But they work good. Just pull the door cover off and reach in there and tap on it. Or there are screws you can screw in there.. Also forgot what it's called and pull it out from the front bit then you have holes that you have to cover and paint.

But if you don't wanna do either go to a shop... It shouldn't cost that much and depending on the shop... If its a private shop sometimes they can do it on the spot. But they will use the same techniques.

Good luck... Sorry to see the dent. Makes me sad:(
      sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
      1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
      1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
      1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
      (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
      1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
      2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
      2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

^ no legit shop screws in slide hammers any more, people did that like 20 years ago.

also if you try and hammer it out you will damage the paint.

pay a paintless dent repair guy. i would recommend you remove your interior trim panel and anything that is in the way from gaining access from the interior of the panel.
        paintless dent repair guys have a terrible habit of fucking shit up that they werent supposed to mess with in the first place.
        have it massaged out by a pro, it will save the paint, dosnt cost much and you will be happy

Comment

It depends on how big the dent is. You can't remove every dent... dent less repair.... And sorry I ment to say stud gun.

And I've personally got dents out of cars... Even bigger ones in quarter panel... With a hammer.. And no paint was damaged. Maybe I got lucky I don't know.
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
          (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
          2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Working...
          X