No announcement yet.

BMW e30 325i convertible 3m 1080 matte dark gray/ brushed steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo, I like it!!! Good job, Kid. I want mine shiny, but that's just me- I do like the aura around yours. Please get some good pitures in light or the Sun when you are done. Jon

Comment

sup got driverside dorr jams done, whatta nightmare, took around 3hrs to just do 1 side!... slowly but surely... it will be done...

Comment

Car looks awesome!
        Last edited by bubbajan21; 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Its looking sick man. You are taking it to the next level doing all the jams. That brush aluminum is pretty awesome.

I got a similar color in the other day for my 318is. I went ahead and started on my bumpers while the car is getting some body work.

My vinly was Avery's Charcoal Matte metallic from their new "Supreme Wrapping Vinyl" line. I hope it turns out somewhere close to as good as yours!

sigpic

Comment

Awesome work Mark! Glad to see you still have the style 5's and adapters ;)
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

FUCK I've been wanting to do this color for eons. My idea is to put the gold metal racing stripes down the car too. Would look PIMP.
              REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

thanks for the comments guys! .

willworkfore30s: tha bumper looks great! u didn't wanna pry off the plastic strips to make it a lil easier?... that's what i did on mine.

UPDATE:
                ordered the KOPI ACS rear add-on & euro plate filler from abrahammotorsports, got some falken 912's for my 17" style 5's rc090.

soooo, still gotta finish my accent color, windsheild frame, covertible cow cover area and put the car back together..... then off to new convertible top shop to get a new top. then put the interior back together.... hope it's gonna be ready for after winter....

Comment

That is so cool! Where do you source your wrap? I'd love to try to do this myself, regardless of how difficult it might be.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

This^^ and pricing?

Comment

measure up your car, i can't remember how much i needed for my vert... but keep in mind a 5x75' roll of vinyl is around $600'ish. carbon fiber & brushed/ specialty vinyl is about double that.

Comment

willworkfore30s: tha bumper looks great! u didn't wanna pry off the plastic strips to make it a lil easier?... that's what i did on mine.
                        Thanks man, I did want to pull the trim strips off but I looked at them and felt like rather than chance breaking the clips, I'd just work around em.

That is so cool! Where do you source your wrap? I'd love to try to do this myself, regardless of how difficult it might be.
                        The right way to do it is to buy enough yardage of 60" vinyl to do a piece down each side and a piece for the top. With is around 15yrds. Both the vinyl I am using and what the OP is using comes in 25 and 50 yrd rolls. The e30 is only about 28 or so inches from the bottoms of the windows to the bottoms of the doors so you could take one 5yrd 60" roll and cut it in half. This is what I am doing.

Avery sells what they call "sample rolls" which are 5yrd by 60". This is long enough to go all the way down the side of the e30. So what I did was buy 3 sample rolls. Two should get the majority of the car. The 3rd roll is to trim places out like jams and bumpers or incase I screw up anywhere.

The sample rolls were $111 a piece. This is wholesale pricing, since I bought it through my dads shop.

I hope this info helps you guys out some.
                        sigpic

Comment

Where would you break the seams for the back end where the rear quarters tie into the c-pillar / roof and also around the back end of the car? The front end is very straight forward just making seams at all panel gaps but the back seems a little more complicated on a coupe.

Comment

I am going to break mine right where the c-pillar meets the quarter on that body line. If you overlap the seam with the bottom piece on top then in most situations light will be coming from above and you wont really notice the seam. If you do it the other way with the top piece over the bottom piece then it will create a shadow and show up a lot worse.
                            sigpic

Comment

willworkfore30s: you can also break it up on the roof. that way you get the entire quarter panel in 1 sheet. you end up using up a lot of excess material for this tho... i usually cut 1 side out to save it all, then trace it on top of another sheet for the other side. that way you don't waste all the excess material...

sup guys, sorry not much progress on the car since it's so damn cold... pretty much at the reassembly stage now. just gotta get motivated to put it back together!

Comment

is it done yet??

Comment

Working...
                                X