Replacement Hood Struts. Meistersatz Garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Hood Struts. Meistersatz Garbage

The OEM BMW one was long gone when I bought the car, so I replaced it with a Meistersatz hood strut from Pelican for 10 bucks. The damned thing is so strong, it popped dents in the hood as discussed on this thread:

I forgot about it for a week, went to close the hood yesterday, and it managed to BEND the support arm the strut attaches to. Was my support arm weak, or are these Meistersatz struts just that garbage? It has a lot of positive reviews on Pelican and I can't find anything other than the above thread that speaks ill about them. What are people using for hood struts? I found a new arm on ebay, now I gotta fix it and get a PDR guy out to hopefully fix the hood.

It sounds like you have a bad strut. I just replaced mine a few days ago with one I got from blunt and haven't experienced anything like that. I'll check it tomorrow when I go out to work on it to check the brand.

Comment

I called Pelican and they're going to replace it with the Stabilus brand, which is apparently OEM replacement. Hopefully that'll take care of it. I'm just bummed that my hood is jacked up now. I'll take photos of the bent arm, it's pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
      X