BMW Frozen paint on E30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Frozen paint on E30s

Anyone done a frozen type of paint on the E30?

Just call it what it is, a satin paint job
    harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
      Just call it what it is, a satin paint job
      I think is call a matt finish.

Comment

no it isn't! the word is matte goddammit

anyway e30s are not curvy enough to make it look good.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Frozen?

How about this.
          Attached Files
          Founder
          TheDirtyThirty
          instagram.com/thedirtythirty

Comment

^^^^^^that looks awsome! I want it!

Comment

Originally posted by theTBLACK View Post
              Frozen?

How about this.
              judging by the heavy coats and the fact that most people in the picture have their hands in their pockets, this could possibly be frozen?

Comment

Only someone with like an S85 in an E30 M3 is going to deal with true "Frozen" Paint. Shit's expensive iirc and pretty maintenance heavy. Not many here could afford to nor would want to.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

What makes the bmw brand so expensive. Last time i check they are much less durable and more maintenance intensive and sensitive than other matte jobs

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                      What makes the bmw brand so expensive. Last time i check they are much less durable and more maintenance intensive and sensitive than other matte jobs
                      %100
                      you pay for the novelty
                      I think Mercedes has it on their "black" editions
                      its like 4k extra for a shittier paint

Comment

not sure if the video I embedded is working but it is the BMW paint guy explaining frozen paint. If they called it matte finish, customers would see it as lessening the vehicles value. By giving it a more dignifying name, the person who buys it will feel they have something unique and "greater" than the other m3s. The people who drive the cars and enjoy them, the real BMW enthusiast, the enthusiast required to maintain the paint finish, will likely not be the people who buy these.

Rather than spray a matte finish and call it a more valuable car, why didn't BMW do another csl inspired package? Strip an m3 down a little, give it a bit more power, more aggressive suspension? That way your targeting the enthusiasts who enjoy driving the car and it becomes MORE of a drivers car rather than less? A day at the track, an autocross, or a few hundred miles on the interstate and your gonna be sending the bumper off to be painted.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                          %100
                          you pay for the novelty
                          I think Mercedes has it on their "black" editions
                          its like 4k extra for a shittier paint
                          has your shopped been trained to repair this type of pain? looks like a pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by broach328 View Post
                            not sure if the video I embedded is working but it is the BMW paint guy explaining frozen paint. If they called it matte finish, customers would see it as lessening the vehicles value. By giving it a more dignifying name, the person who buys it will feel they have something unique and "greater" than the other m3s. The people who drive the cars and enjoy them, the real BMW enthusiast, the enthusiast required to maintain the paint finish, will likely not be the people who buy these.

Rather than spray a matte finish and call it a more valuable car, why didn't BMW do another csl inspired package? Strip an m3 down a little, give it a bit more power, more aggressive suspension? That way your targeting the enthusiasts who enjoy driving the car and it becomes MORE of a drivers car rather than less? A day at the track, an autocross, or a few hundred miles on the interstate and your gonna be sending the bumper off to be painted.
                            they have that, its the limerock edition

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              has your shopped been trained to repair this type of pain? looks like a pain in the ass
                              we have gotten repair procedures for it but we avoid it as much as possible, its not worth the headache
                              Last edited by oliver.r; 05-29-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X