Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved

To anyone who has done this; what method of attachment did you go with to put the rubber from the rear onto the front? I've got a few ideas but I'd love to hear more from those more experienced than myself.
    Thanks!
    Nick
    No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Try PMing ebelements. He did it.

Comment

I know there is a DIY thread on here but I can't seen to find it. So hopefully this makes sense.

1. on the back of the rear bumper strip you're going to attach to the front there is a channel. Go to the hardware store and get some large washers that fit snug inside there. I would get 6, 3 either side of the license plate.

2. make sure there is a relatively small bolt hole in the middle, you don;t need anything to crazy. get bolts and lock nuts with a few smaller washers for the back side of the bumper.

3. test fit your strip on the front after putting a bolt in the big washer and evenly inserting them into the strip. If they line up with some of the previous holes you're in luck, otherwise mark and drill new holes.

4. after the holes are in place, install the strip, tighten from the backside with the washers and lock nuts and you're good to go!
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

e30trooper did it too. Don't ask me how I remember that.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I've tried figuring it out also. Was told it was a direct swap but it isn't. I asked after searching for hours and got the typical, "search" answer. Lol. Thanks for shedding some light on it Ironfreak.
          (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

the clips from the rear will "pop" into the holes up front. its a direct swap, but you may need a few extra clips to hold it better to the front bumper shape
            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
            Got Drop?? ;-)
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            But of course
            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

For some reason the clips wouldn't snap in for me. It seemed like they were too wide. I really didn't spend too much time messing with it though. Next time it's somewhat nice out and I have time I'm going to play around with it again.
              (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

How are you going to handle the turn signal relocation?
                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Yo

Water tight with pressed DB

Other Side:
                  Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Looks awesome. Did you use the clips from the rear or bolts with washers and nuts?
                    (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

The clips that usually snap in with the rear bumper, they are a bit wider than the holes in the bumper...there's also a clip that hangs off the front bumper itself. First you need to take a pair of pliers and snap them off because they will push the rubber out and prevent a flush fit. Just wriggle them until they snap. Slide the snap pins into the groove the rubber has. Carefully and I mean carefully line up the bumper and rubber pieces, line up the snap pins, put a rag or some cloth on the rubber. grab hammer and smash them in. Once all snap pins have been hammered in take some adhesive silicon and line it at the top portion of the rubber where it meets the bumper (make sure it's black in color for obvious reasons.). Apply some weights and let it sit overnight. In the morning take a razor blade and cut off the remaining adhesive. It takes a little thought and ingenuity to get it to sit flush but you can get it to work with some patience and elbow grease.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the help. Going to do this. I think it looks great and will do until I can get my hands on some euros.
                        (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Polish you DB first, it looks 10x's better with a mirror finish. There's another thread in this section for that and it has some info on how to do it.

Comment

So I finally got around to doing this. What have you guys done about the blinkers.
                            Attached Files
                            (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my GS4 Active
                              '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                              '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                              X