87 is valance on a 90 325i - Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
    Damn I might try and figure something else out then, either way how do those mount to the body? do I have to drill holes? that appears to be the case.
    Check Klaus' build thread for pics; I may have others I didn't post so PM me if you want or need more.

Originally posted by srvE30 View Post
    They will be way cheaper than the ebay ones + better material (imo).
    The reason I went with Chuck's brackets is because he changed the design and material slightly to have a little flex built in. The OEM brackets break easily because they are rigid plastic (and because they've become brittle over their 25 years of life). Poly brackets cut from a block might indeed end up being cheaper, though I'd imagine they're going to be just as rigid as the OEM ones.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      Check Klaus' build thread for pics; I may have others I didn't post so PM me if you want or need more.

The reason I went with Chuck's brackets is because he changed the design and material slightly to have a little flex built in. The OEM brackets break easily because they are rigid plastic (and because they've become brittle over their 25 years of life). Poly brackets cut from a block might indeed end up being cheaper, though I'd imagine they're going to be just as rigid as the OEM ones.
      They are very stiff. But me personally I would want a stiff bracket. None the less, these will offer another option for mounting brackets, and not such a costly price.
      1989 325i Cabrio
      tyzg

Midwest E30 Owners Gruppe Facebook

Comment

I'm definitely curious to see what the final price ends up being. Best of luck!
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          I'm definitely curious to see what the final price ends up being. Best of luck!
          Same! Also do you have an eta of when they will be ready for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
            Same! Also do you have an eta of when they will be ready for sale?
            It depends on how busy the machinists are. Within a month though.
            1989 325i Cabrio
            tyzg

Comment

Originally posted by srvE30 View Post
              It depends on how busy the machinists are. Within a month though.

You're in Saint Louis? I'm in Saint Louis.

I went to a couple water jet places yesterday to get quotes. Still waiting on one. but one quote was $150. At that price I'd order them off ebay.

What machinest did you go to?

Comment

A body shop gave me a old air dam and bracket he had in his shop for 20 years. The only problem there was no fog lights. I went to BMW and was told no replacement fog light or hardware is available. What/how are you addressing the fog lights?

Comment

He already has them. See July 14 post above.
                  1991 318is, AWII, Eibach/GC, Koni
                  Riverside CA

Comment

I made a video about this, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svqMuR1_BEs

Comment

Hey srvE30, do you already have the metal bar that goes across the brackets or are you fabricating that as well? One of my verts is a twin to yours (complete with 87is valence and all).
                      Current: 2011 M3
                      Retired: 1986 325e, 1991 318i, 1991 325ic, 1992 325ic, 1998 528i, 2002 325xiT, 2003 530i, 2005 325xiT, 2008 335i

Comment

Originally posted by md-va View Post
                        Hey srvE30, do you already have the metal bar that goes across the brackets or are you fabricating that as well? One of my verts is a twin to yours (complete with 87is valence and all).
                        I did mine without the metal bar.
                        1989 325i Cabrio
                        tyzg

Comment

Working...
                        X