• Show
Clear All

about how bad is this/ hard to fix

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374961588.038530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	7234210

I'm about ready to part this car out but I keep on telling my self that this can be fixed... has anyone ever replaced this area of a rear quarter panel themselves?
    sigpic

This site might be a start for you. It has some DIYs on removing fenders and what-not. No personal experience to share, but I have been looking into replacing my front ones, and this site seems to be the most helpful.
    -Experience is what you have right after you need it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LittleEcker View Post
      http://e30.bmwdiy.info/bumper-adjust/

This site might be a start for you. It has some DIYs on removing fenders and what-not. No personal experience to share, but I have been looking into replacing my front ones, and this site seems to be the most helpful.
      thanks. yea front fenders are pretty much bolt on... just never had experience with cutting and welding body panels to match up and actually look proper. probably going to strip the car and sell everything to buy an e21 project.
      sigpic

Comment

Do you own a welder and can confidently weld sheet metal with it? If not, then no, you can't fix it yourself. If you have done similar repairs, then sure, why not, go for it. At worst you will still have a mangled car.

Comment

I have a harbor freight welder but am a complete novice when it comes to using it. how much would it cost to get this done by a shop the proper way? a grand? $2k?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X