Rear Tire Rub with 17" Alpina Kopi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Tire Rub with 17" Alpina Kopi

Is there a less damaging way to move the inner wheel liner out towards outer sheet metal than using a hammer? The wheel only rubs on the top of the crease of the wheel arch area of the body and only occasionally when I hit a slow compression swooping dip. I tried hammering one side out with a ball peen hammer and it moved most of it out, but a couple too many hits caused it to contact the outer sheet metal and bend it slightly at the crease, and yet it still slightly rubs where I have a fold on the inner metal.

I was told a fender roller wont reach up this high, so I havent tried that. Any other ideas?
    sigpic
    Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Stiffer springs? What springs are you currently running?

Comment

Sorry, that would be helpful....I have H&R Sports & Bilstein Sports, Both were new when I built the rear end about 6 years ago. Tires are Dunlop Star Spec's 215/40's.
      Last edited by firemanory; 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM.
      sigpic
      Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

215/what? I had 215/40's and had no rubbing problems.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Added the full tire info above. Every tire manufacturer has different dimensions for the "same" size, so a Star Spec in 215/40 might be slightly larger than set of Azenis, or at least what I have been told. Also, my car is an 89' which I hear has less wheel well space than the early models..
          sigpic
          Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Both are true. I had no rubbing on azenis with early arches, so YMMV. Star Specs are definitely shoulder-ier than azenis.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
            X