Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Lid

I want to remove the spring mechanism on my trunk lid

Can some one point to a post that deals with retrofitting shocks to a stock trunk lid. cant seem to finds anything.

bueller.... bueller...

Comment

Spring mech? Can you post a pic? I thought all e30 trunks had shocks, early models had one and late had two? Mine has one shock, no spring (when the shock died, the lid would not stay up so definitely no spring)

I have seen a post on retrofitting a second shock for cars with only one, I'll see if I can dig that up
      '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
      '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
      '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Semblance View Post
        Spring mech? Can you post a pic? I thought all e30 trunks had shocks, early models had one and late had two? Mine has one shock, no spring (when the shock died, the lid would not stay up so definitely no spring)

I have seen a post on retrofitting a second shock for cars with only one, I'll see if I can dig that up
        Convertibles are the only ones with shocks. And I have not heard of anyone taking out the torsion springs. They are adjustable if your lid will not stay up.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

! Had no idea. Cool, thanks.
          '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
          '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
          '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Its nothing that is mandatory and the mechanism works fine. More of a "cant leave shit alone" problem.

I dont want to do any thing crazy. maybe make some space for speakers or later on add an air shock to automate the opening process.

Just don't want it looking like I was board and went to wall-mart to get my parts.

any one ever looked to see how the hinges on the Vert trunk attach compared to a regular coupe?

Comment

Working...
            X