Undercoating Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undercoating Question

I am restoring my 89 M3 and am not sure where to go with this. The PO did the wheel wells and spare tire in just some black rubber undercoating but as we know when they left the factory the underside and wells were color matched. So my question is do I leave the wells black as they are now and just re-undercoat the rest of the underside in wurth black undercoating or do I grind off all the black undercoating and redo it all in a color matched white undercoat????

I did mine in black, I like it a lot better since it looks a lot cleaner.
    you also do not need to grin off the undercoating that's there to replace it with white, just go over it with color matched stuff` if that's what you really want

Comment

well thats good to know, I was thinking that anything new wouldn't stick to the black stuff the PO sprayed on

Comment

also I saw on your facebook photos of your M3 while the work wasbeing done any photos of it done?

Comment

Comment

those are the most recent I have

Comment

I thought that was yours..... As mine is alpine white, black interior, and candy Red style 5's..... I looked forever for a one off color for my wheels and right after I had them done I saw your car in a photo lol. Great work bud

Comment

I also have the EVO II front lip and stock rear wing, and all black grills and smoked Hellas lol

Comment

haha, my wheels are actually bronze, they really red in shaddy pics.
                  thats crazy haha, I have a evo 3 wing on it now so its a little different haha

Comment

Working...
                  X