Front End Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front End Damage

Rear ended someone on the freeway, what would the repair cost look like for this?

Is it even worth fixing?

Need to figure out what to do, because riding my motorcycle in the freezing weather sucks lol.

I"m fixing exactly the same thing on my car. Take the valence off and get a 2x4 and cut it to a couple different lengths to use as a dolly, then a ballpeen hammer and a regular flat hammer and a dead blow, and whatever else you can use to pound metal.

be patient and do it yourself. if you got it that far you can get it all the way fixed. just look at the other side for comparison and bend the metal accordingly. it's not bad at all. and the valence is saveable as it's damaged where it's unseen.

look up youtube metal fixing videos

good luck. please do this yourself.

Dave

Comment

^ this, I had the same thing happen but at ~35mph . As long as its not damaged beyond the strut tower you should be good by fixng it yourself. My situation was a 2.5-3k repair cost, instead took me 3 hours and ~$150. Everything ended up lining up perfectly and can only tell where new part are slightyly off color.

Comment

Saw your car on craigslist, I'm scared of frame damage so never bothered calling

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
        X