Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me mount a rear valance onto plastic bumper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me mount a rear valance onto plastic bumper.

Hi guys,

I have a vert, that I am converting to plastic bumpers. Because this doesnt have the metal rear valance like a normal plastic bumper car would...I want to add a rear valance. I have an Mtech 2 rep that I would like to use. It would normally just sandwich between the stock metal rear valance, and the plastic bumper...with a few screws behind the rear wheels to hold it tight.

Problem is, bevcause i dont have the metal valance, I would like to mount this to the bumper.

I can add some screws in the rear of the valance...but there isnt any room up on the sides (closer to the rear wheels, on the side of the valance.

Has anyone used some sort of 2 part epoxy to bond these two plastic pieces together? That looks like the only way I can make this work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jay
    Last edited by dunebuggyjay; 01-31-2014, 01:32 PM.

I asked the same sort of question about the front Valance. All i want to know is how to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30nz View Post
      I asked the same sort of question about the front Valance. All i want to know is how to remove it.
      The front valance is one piece. The little 1 inch wide strip under the head lights is part of it. It is just bolted on there. I have one sitting in my garage for my vert. I don't see why anyone would weld this on to your car.

Ill try and get a pic of it if it will help you. Shoot me a PM with your email.

Jay

Comment

You may have to try a body shop, looks good once on there.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
        X