fender rolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender rolling

does anybody in the NEPA area have/know anybody that has a fender roller? I finally got my rears to sit flush, but I'm rubbing like a fourteen year old that found his dad's playboy stash. hell, I'll use a baseball bat if I need to, but it would be nice to have someone with experience there to help. thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Never admit you would roll your fenders with a bat......... not even once.

Comment

Originally posted by nyChris View Post
      Never admit you would roll your fenders with a bat......... not even once.
      this is bad advice. I rolled my 325e with the fender roller and it looks worse than using a hammer on my vert. It all depends on experience and being careful. My vert has perfectly rolled fenders with no paint chipping or dents.
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

you will loose your car to rust if you roll your fenders.
        I wouldn't even consider it for one second. Not one.
        OEM+ Or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by a2e30 View Post
          you will loose your car to rust if you roll your fenders.
          I wouldn't even consider it for one second. Not one.
          OEM+ Or Bust.
          you obviously have no idea how to do it correctly.....
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Or I think it looks stupid.

I personally am not a fan, Sorry for coming off like an ass. But seriously I don't get the obsession with it. also I live in Ann Arbor MI so everyone around here seems to have a lot worse rust with rolled fenders than without rolled fenders. Just a thing that I have noticed. But to each his own

"a car is your story; make it your own."

As for me

oem+or Bust

Comment

you can roll without distorting or changing the shape of the OEM fender. all you are doing is taking the 3/8" lip that juts inward and rolling it up so it doesn't eat tire. use a heat gun before you roll, it'll soften the pant so it doesn't crack as you go.

my buddy has a 5-lug swap and runs style 5's, requires a minimal roll but still retains the factory look.
              sigpic

Comment

Rolling and "Pulling" is a totally different story.
                sigpic

Comment

Or I think it looks stupid.

I personally am not a fan, Sorry for coming off like an ass. But seriously I don't get the obsession with it. also I live in Ann Arbor MI so everyone around here seems to have a lot worse rust with rolled fenders than without rolled fenders. Just a thing that I have noticed. But to each his own

"a car is your story; make it your own."

As for me

oem+or Bust
                  If you roll your fenders correctly there isn't a greater chance for rust. Simple as that.

Comment

maybe in a non winter state, where the roads are nice and not salty. I was just stating my thoughts on the issue. But I will agree with IornFreak and say that when done properly it can add to the cars already good looks.

As for me

oem+or Bust

Comment

maybe in a non winter state, where the roads are nice and not salty. I was just stating my thoughts on the issue. But I will agree with IornFreak and say that when done properly it can add to the cars already good looks.

As for me

oem+or Bust
                      dude what, it doesn't change the car's appearance.
                      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                      (Daily Driver)
                      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                      KW V2 Coilovers
                      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

As for me

oem+or Bust
                        Just like ironfreak stated, rolling and pulling are two different things. Rolling doesn't effect the cars looks unless you're looking up into the fender. Pulling on the other hand does, and can look great if it's done right, which is considered OEM+ IMO.

Comment

As for me

oem+or Bust
                          Rolling OEM fenders = OEM

Rolling and Pulling OEM fenders = ...........still OEM

Fender flares, fiberglass body panels = Not OEM.

I live in Nebraska.......I'll put up my winters and salty roads against any state, Salt??.......We have tanker trunks that drown our roads in sodium based anti-icing liquid at the possibility of snow or ice.......and we all know how accurate those meteorologists are..........
                          sigpic

Comment

As for me

oem+or Bust
                            you really don't know what you're talking about.

And to the guy who said he messed up his fenders with a roller and didn't with a hammer, well you probably shouldn't be rolling fenders. It is far easier (and comes out way better) with a roller.

But what do I know, I've only rolled fenders on more than 3,000 vehicles...

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                            Rolling and "Pulling" is a totally different story.
                            completely correct.
                            ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                            *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

so to clarify, I just want to roll, not pull. and the car will be painted relatively soon anyway as the PO put it through hell. I'm guessing nobody is around to help? haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X