1990 rear bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 rear bumper

Hello R3V'ers. Long time lurker here (LONG TIME). I have a question about an E30 I'm looking at. I'm new to BMWs in that I have never owned one and only driven two but I have been studying e36 and e30 cars for about 3 years so I'm not 100% ignorant about them. Today I need some help. Below is a link to a picture from the ad of the car I'm looking at. The car appears to need a bumper and bumper cover (more or less)? Obviously it needs the bumper cover and I assume a separate bumper piece goes behind that. If so, what kind of money am I looking at to get the parts and where is the best place to buy body parts like this? Thanks for your help.

LINK: http://images.craigslist.org/00101_i...Cm_600x450.jpg

Luke

Okay I've found a couple resources that gave me an idea about what I'm looking at. I'm still not positive though so I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm this for me. It looks like the rear apron is still there which I initially thought was missing but I see it now. I found a part number (51-12-1-966-785-BOE) on pelicanparts.com and its $330. Is that the part I need and is there anything else I might need?

Comment

You need the bumper core and cover. It's two pieces.
      sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
      1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
      1991 318is - Sold
      1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Looks like the bumper shocks are missing too.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Wowza. I'm looking at hundreds of dollars here apparently. I haven't asked if he has the parts because I'm not positive I can buy the car and I don't want to waste his time. I guess I need to figure out if my dad will let me buy it and get in contact with him and see what the deal is and to see if the car has been crashed. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Best option for a lot of that is to head to the junkyard and pull the ass off another car. A lot of those parts will be expensive new, and will still need to be sprayed to match your car. You should be able to find the bumper, cover, and shocks at a junkyard or from a part out thread for under $200.
            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
            X