facelift bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facelift bumpers

where can i find face-lift bumpers ? are they easy to install or should i pay an experienced friend to do it ?

my 88 325is car has these bumpers. My car:

i want these, or similar.

Last edited by helalo; 08-02-2014, 10:32 PM.

find them at junk yards, craigslist, ebay, or here on R3v people often sell them. installation should be easy enough for you to do on your own
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
      find them at junk yards, craigslist, ebay, or here on R3v people often sell them. installation should be easy enough for you to do on your own
      doesnt seem so easy as i thought

http://84.45.115.78/e30zonewiki/inde..._to_a_facelift

Comment

its direct bolt on for the front. Just chop off your toe hooks for the late model valence. The rear isnt exactly direct bolt on. The rear bumpers need to be shortened, or not depends on if u care.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

facelift bumpers

He has late model valences already @E30_Pare

'88 car bruh

Your conversion is easy. All you need are the bumpers of course, the bumper shocks, the side brackets, and the bumper super-bolts

You don't have a pre-facelift (early model) car, you have a facelift (late model) car with metal bumpers. There is a difference

88s were the weird "in-between" year: it had the metal diving boards of the 87 and older (early model car), but the updated valences and rear tailights of the 89 and newer cars (late model)

Therefor, since the car is pretty much ready for plastic bumpers, it's almost a direct swap

EDIT:
          Tapatalk not loading original picture: you most likely have an 87 car. No 88 cars (besides convertibles) have early model valences/lights.

I would skip plastic bumpers entirely, especially for your color: they are almost impossible to find. For the price you would pay to do a plastic bumper swap with paint, you could easily do a Euro bumper swap and have a much more unique look

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
            He has late model valences already @E30_Pare

'88 car bruh

Your conversion is easy. All you need are the bumpers of course, the bumper shocks, the side brackets, and the bumper super-bolts

You don't have a pre-facelift (early model) car, you have a facelift (late model) car with metal bumpers. There is a difference

88s were the weird "in-between" year: it had the metal diving boards of the 87 and older (early model car), but the updated valences and rear tailights of the 89 and newer cars (late model)

Therefor, since the car is pretty much ready for plastic bumpers, it's almost a direct swap

EDIT:
            Tapatalk not loading original picture: you most likely have an 87 car. No 88 cars (besides convertibles) have early model valences/lights.

I would skip plastic bumpers entirely, especially for your color: they are almost impossible to find. For the price you would pay to do a plastic bumper swap with paint, you could easily do a Euro bumper swap and have a much more unique look
            iam lost. i thought any e30 with metal bumper is pre-facelift.

so mine is a facelift model but has the old bumpers that were on pre-facelift ?

Comment

Originally posted by helalo View Post
              iam lost. i thought any e30 with metal bumper is pre-facelift.

so mine is a facelift model but has the old bumpers that were on pre-facelift ?
              Disregard that statement. You most likely have an 87, not an 88. Like I said before, 88s were in between model that had bits and pieces from early and late model cars. You have a pure early model, so that statement doesn't apply to you. (Tapatalk was not loading the original picture, so I had to view it through the web).

Comment

This is my 88 325Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407043437340.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	7168696

and i dont know the difference between a plastic bumper and a euro bumper.

Comment

OP, is that your car in the photo, or just a representation photo to show what style bumper you have?

Edit: never mind, was typing this as you posted your car.

Comment

facelift bumpers

I retract my retraction

OP

You have a late model car with metal bumpers. End of story. 88s were late model cars that had metal bumpers: this is what you have

If it was an 87 or earlier, it would be early model that included the early model valences AND metal bumpers. 88s also had metal bumpers but they had late model valences an taillights (AKA Late model car)

Sidenote:
                    Plastic bumpers are big plastic bumpers (duh) that came on late model cars. Euro bumpers were slim chrome bumpers that came on euro cars but are an easy transfer to early model US spec car

Also

Search function

It is your friend
                    Last edited by JinormusJ; 08-02-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

ah didnt see you edited ur post. Yes you have a late model car with diving boards. Find some plastics in diamond Schwartz and bolt on. Bing bam boom done.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                      X