Bumper Swap - How to Adjust Rear Bumper side height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper Swap - How to Adjust Rear Bumper side height

I have a 87 325e with a bumper swap to facelift bumpers and I am wondering how I can adjust the side height of the rear bumper since there are no side brackets to position the bumper. It seems that most people don't bother with those brackets at all since additional work/holes/space is required.

How can I raise the sides of the rear bumper to be more in line with the valence? Right now both sides droop a bit and the gap is large.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

I ended up taking the bumper off to fix a few other things. The shop that painted it didnt really do a good job at putting the bumper back together. They didn't clip the cover on all the way and didn't put the plastic rivets in so the bumper cover was not held to the fiberglass bumper well. I ended up tightening the two side bolts as best I could to adjust the height. I guess there is really no other solution.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Working...
    X