This Heckblende...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Heckblende...

What is this late model US heckblende? Anyone seen it before?
    Last edited by mucoyekul87ETA; 02-18-2015, 07:49 PM.

'87 325
    '89 325is
    '90 325i
    '67 Buick Skylark --SOLD 5/2015--

Yes, I've seen some in person. What do you want to know

-edit-
    I've seen the euro late model ones with holes for a euro plate. I haven't seen a US version with holes for US plate

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

that looks like this ^ one but painted black
      - 90 325is

Comment

It does look like that painted black, but its not painted black, its black plastic.

'87 325
        '89 325is
        '90 325i

Comment

Still missing your question about it...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I just want to know if it is common, aftermarket, etc. any product details. I can't find any like it.

'87 325
            '89 325is
            '90 325i

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              Still missing your question about it...
              Seriously. This is how my roommate asks me e21 questions.

Originally posted by mucoyekul87ETA View Post
              I just want to know if it is common, aftermarket, etc. any product details. I can't find any like it.
              It does look like that painted black, but its not painted black, its black plastic.

Are you serious?

Fist of all why don't you just post your actual question in the original post instead of being vague about what you can't find in your "searching".

Next, it's not a heckblende, it's a plate filler. If it were a heckblende it would be reflective like the image in post 3.

Also, if you have such intimate knowledge about the plate filler why don't you tell us? You you it's not painted because... you touched it? It's on your buddies car? It's on your car? You saw it around town?

Lastly, I've personally owned a late model US heckblende and have have some photos of the part numbers. With some real searching you should be able to find the answers to all your questions. If you've done a lot of real searching, you already have the answer, it is a reproduction of a BMW heckblende.

Comment

It is a heckblende that has been plastidipped.

I got all excited thinking it was the uber rare/sexy reflective europlate-sized heckblende.

:(

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

seent it, looks alright, preffer the euro one better, but i dont care too much for it.
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    It is a heckblende that has been plastidipped.

I got all excited thinking it was the uber rare/sexy reflective europlate-sized heckblende.

:(
                    I agree. It looks painted or something. I will stand by that until OP provides proof that it is black plastic.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

There was a guy selling fiberglass ones of the reflective style one. But of course it was in a white jellcoat.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I dont see the attraction

Comment

i had one of these a few years ago. mine was still reflective and not painted. it was pretty cool, but designed for late style cars. i had sold my late model and bought an early car so i didn't have a use for it at the time.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                            Seriously. This is how my roommate asks me e21 questions.

Are you serious?

Fist of all why don't you just post your actual question in the original post instead of being vague about what you can't find in your "searching".

Next, it's not a heckblende, it's a plate filler. If it were a heckblende it would be reflective like the image in post 3.

Also, if you have such intimate knowledge about the plate filler why don't you tell us? You you it's not painted because... you touched it? It's on your buddies car? It's on your car? You saw it around town?

Lastly, I've personally owned a late model US heckblende and have have some photos of the part numbers. With some real searching you should be able to find the answers to all your questions. If you've done a lot of real searching, you already have the answer, it is a reproduction of a BMW heckblende.
                            Sorry, I will seriously work on my question asking form. I realize it was bad, to be honest it was worse, at first there wasn't even a picture. I am new to starting threads, and hosting pics before posting them, etc. I was panicking for 20 mins trying to at least get the picture to work. My bad.

Your answer did give me good information on the difference between a heckblende and a plate filler.

I did in fact have this part on my car. That's my car. I took off the plate filler when I put new plates on after I bought it, now I can't seem to dig it up to even look for said part number.

'87 325
                            '89 325is
                            '90 325i

Comment

so you lost it?

Comment

Working...
                              X