No announcement yet.

This Heckblende...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to r3v, where dicks will spend 5 minutes writing a dickhead response complaining about how you are wasting their time instead of 1 minute answering your question.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I've never seen these before, they don't really do it for me looks wise. But I appreciate the thread to inform us unknowing e30 owners that this part exists!

Anybody know the purpose of this part? Was it just there to be more reflective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
      1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
      Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

In defense of the OP, some of you guys are retarded, as well.
        In Europe, "plate fillers" are often referred to as heckblendes.

I almost bought a "heckblende" for my Peugeot - turned out it was just a black plastic plate filler.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by mucoyekul87ETA View Post
          Sorry, I will seriously work on my question asking form. I realize it was bad, to be honest it was worse, at first there wasn't even a picture. I am new to starting threads, and hosting pics before posting them, etc. I was panicking for 20 mins trying to at least get the picture to work. My bad.

Your answer did give me good information on the difference between a heckblende and a plate filler.

I did in fact have this part on my car. That's my car. I took off the plate filler when I put new plates on after I bought it, now I can't seem to dig it up to even look for said part number.

I was trying to be a dick. Im glad you didn't get offended and took responsibility for the shittyness of your posts. I can see you realized the error of your ways.

As a reply to your actual question, I still think you have a replica non BMW part. The heckblende is a real BMW part. If your filler didn't have a BMW logo on it, and part number, or was a painted heckblende I would say it's a reproduction. The weight would be a dead give away if it were a real heckblende or just plastic reproduction.

Comment

Here is an example of a "proper heckblende".

Original BMW part, while many "US reflective heckblendes" are not OEM BMW.

This is what I am, and have always been on the look-out for, to compliment my own E30.

*shameless plug: if anyone reading this thread has one that they wouldn't mind parting with, please shoot me a PM*

*..thanks!*

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

^you know what's the worst thing? 15 years ago those things were absolutely worthless. A guy on my German forum scored 4 or 5 for free when the dealer threw over 30 of them in the dumpster when he cleaned out the warehouse. Even 5 years ago they rarely fetched over €50, now there's people asking €250 for them.
              aka denyo77

Originally posted by Andy.B
              Give it five years, and kids might be covering their cars with Astroturf. Style is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                I dont see the attraction

This. ^^
                sigpic
                1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

This has been intriguing, after ST1G chastised me, I did go over to my Pops' garage for a more thorough search, and I found it.

However, I am an asshole for being so indignant. I didn't even look that hard when I removed this part, and although it was ages ago, I was so certain that it was black plastic...its not.

IT IS indeed a BMW heckblende painted black. Part number I found on it was 8212 9 401 143.

'87 325
                  '89 325is
                  '90 325i
                  '67 Buick Skylark --SOLD 5/2015--

Comment

I am beside myself now wondering why someone would have painted this.

'87 325
                    '89 325is
                    '90 325i

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      I was trying to be a dick. Im glad you didn't get offended and took responsibility for the shittyness of your posts. I can see you realized the error of your ways.

As a reply to your actual question, I still think you have a replica non BMW part. The heckblende is a real BMW part. If your filler didn't have a BMW logo on it, and part number, or was a painted heckblende I would say it's a reproduction. The weight would be a dead give away if it were a real heckblende or just plastic reproduction.
                      You need to knock your attitude down a few notches.

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                        You need to knock your attitude down a few notches.

Consider me knocked. I was too aggressive there, thanks for mentioning it.

This has been intriguing, after ST1G chastised me, I did go over to my Pops' garage for a more thorough search, and I found it.

However, I am an asshole for being so indignant. I didn't even look that hard when I removed this part, and although it was ages ago, I was so certain that it was black plastic...its not.

IT IS indeed a BMW heckblende painted black. Part number I found on it was 8212 9 401 143.

I want to apologize, I was being too aggressive. I could have been far more polite. I've been there with parts and things I can't figure out, I should be more understanding. I let my irritation for my friends current incessant asking of easily found questions bleed over. I was going for a light chastising not a bitch slap or sucker punch.

It's great to see you were able to find the part, and figure it out, and even more so that it's an actual heckblende. It's a pitty it was painted, but you should be able to get it all removed. Looks like you even have a possible buyer.

Comment

Alls goody in the 'hoody!

'87 325
                          '89 325is
                          '90 325i

Comment

I was right! I was right! (And so was Phil) :D

But seriously, why was it painted? If only Plastidip was invented back then..

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                              Consider me knocked. I was too aggressive there, thanks for mentioning it.

Thank you.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

What is this late model US heckblende? Anyone seen it before?
                                Your car looks very familiar. You had it long?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X