Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something a little different (Trunk rack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something a little different (Trunk rack)

So posting this because i really haven't seen it done on any e30 out there and thought i'd share my work. Also i know it wont be everyone cup of tea but oh well. Let me know what you think.

Details: Had a spare trunk from the junkyard and decided to add to it.
    -Spoiler is off of a E28 535i
    -Trunk rack is a modified Triumph TR6 stock optional rack. Second picture shows it in original form, got it cheap off ebay.

Main reason for the rack is practicality. Have a baby on the way and needed to find a way to transport a Stroller without taking up the entire trunk. I have some Brown Leather rack straps on order to secure luggage.

I have a full set on M-tech II body kit that needs to go and and then ill get the whole car painted so the mismatched trunk issue will just wait till then.

Stop. Tell the rack to go back to the VW scene.

Good work though.. appreciate the clean vert. Just not a fan of a spoiler or anything really on the decklid of the vert.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Loose the spoiler, keep the rack. Maybe even find one that is slightly wider.
        sigpic
        2007 X3
        1992 M Tech Cabrio
        1988 Cabrio - sold
        2001 X5 - sold
        1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

Needs to be wider, looks odd so narrow.

And maybe it's just the angle, but why is it mounted off center?

Comment

Yeah was thinking of a wider one but it was a cheap pickup also looks bigger/better when you look at the entire car picture doesn't do it justice. Also not off Center just poor picture angle.

Comment

An aftermarket trunk rack (with integrated 3rd stop light for verts) was the first thing I looked for after buying my car. Unfortunately no one has done it. I guess it's just too cool? Anyway love the concept.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I like the rack; it's almost period. Though, I would second the wider idea and lose the spoiler.
                Derek-

Comment

Working...
                X